Subject: RE: [office] OpenDocument TC meeting minutes 2011-06-06

Rob, I was on the call on the 6th, and you noted that you heard me in the roll call but that the sound was faint from my microphone.

From: robert_weir@us.ibm.com [robert_weir@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 16, 2011 8:40 AM
To: office@lists.oasis-open.org

OpenDocument TC meeting minutes 2011-06-06
====================================

* Begin 9:30 EDT

Attending:

+Andreas Guelzow
+Dennis Hamilton
+Donald Harbison
+Eric Patterson
+Jos van den Oever
+Ming Fei Jia
+Oliver-Rainer Wittmann
+Patrick Durusau
+Robert Weir
+Robin LaFontaine
Steven Pemberton
+Thorsten Behrens
+Thorsten Zachmann

Voting Members are indicated with a + before their name, Persistent
Non-Voting members with an *

12/18 voting members present =67%, so quorum requirements are met.

Membership Notes: Steven Pemberton gains voting rights.  Cherie Ekholm,
Michael Brauer and Louis Suarez-Potts lose voting rights.

* Agenda  was approved by unanimous consent, with the addition of
discussion of Apache OpenOffice per Patrick's request.

* Minutes of May 23rd were approved by unanimous consent.

* Discussion: ODF maintenance.

- FPDAM ballot ending June 8th

- TODO:  Submit comments for FPDAM if this can be done

* Discussion: ODF 1.2

Still waiting for TC Admin to transition the CS to a Candidate OASIS
Standard and start review.  Request is tracked here:

http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/TCADMIN-498

* Discussion: ODF-Next

Robin reported on last week's change tracking meeting.

Rob encourage  proposals for ODF 1.3

Patrick brought up Apache OpenOffice, and coordination.  Rob said that,
like any other ODF implementation, they are welcome to join the ODF TC.
This could happen organizationally, as Apache, or at the individual
volunteer level.

* Other business

There was a brief discussion of ODF compliance and certification, with
general view that this is for 3rd parties to do, though OIC TC might have
a role in defining tests.

* Adjourned at 10:20 EDT