Subject: Advisories?

Greetings!

Dennis Hamilton has proposed in:

http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/OFFICE-3708

That an "advisory" be posted by the OASIS ODF Interoperability and
Conformance (OIC) TC.

A good idea in that case but it makes me wonder about using "advisories"
more broadly by the ODF TC.

That is as we find defects to correct and approve new features to be
incorporated (or completed in incorporation) shouldn't we be issuing
advisories as well? Sort of "coming in ODF 1.3/Next" sort of material?

Building in Rob's suggestion from last week that we have a targeted set
of features that we can start to promote now as appearing in the next
version of ODF.

Would not have to be long or fancy but thinking some regular (monthly?)
communication that is (to use another Rob term) a "heart-beat" from the
project would be a good idea.

If we wanted to do something along these lines, what would we say on
September 1st? What new features do we feel confident will be in ODF
1.3? I have questions for the implementer side of the house on that but
I will post those separately.

Hope everyone is at the start of a great week!

patrick@durusau.net
Chair, V1 - US TAG to JTC 1/SC 34
Convener, JTC 1/SC 34/WG 3 (Topic Maps)

Homepage: http://www.durusau.net