Subject: Re: [office] Acceptance of new Change-Tracking Proposal

Am 23.09.2011 01:02, schrieb robert_weir@us.ibm.com:
> <office@lists.oasis-open.org> wrote on 09/22/2011 04:41:35 PM:
>
> <snip>
>
>> I am currently working on a formal proposal, extending the
>> explanation earlier given on the SC list [1, 2, 3, 4].
>>
> We've had a SC looking at change tracking proposals for many months now,
> and they've made some good progress in developing their proposals.  They
> are planning on sending a Draft Committee Note for public review next
> month.  Integrating another proposal would delay that report.  Not the end
> of the world, but that would be the impact.

Just for clarification, only the draft might be blocked - although there
is already plenty information about CCT available to start integrating
as third proposal to the note  - not blocked is the ability of the SC to
continue its work.
For instance, the SC could define the minimum set of change operations
that an ODF application offering change-tracking should implement. This
set is not defined yet and would be required by all proposals.
This set is also known as our first CT milestone. No reason for stagnation.

- Svante