Subject: RE: [office] ODF TC Meeting Time: The Return to Standard Time

Um, if the US returns to standard time on November 6, then the November 7 meeting will be on US Standard time and Europe will also be on their standard time, not just November 14.

-----Original Message-----
From: office@lists.oasis-open.org [mailto:office@lists.oasis-open.org] On Behalf Of robert_weir@us.ibm.com
Sent: Thursday, October 20, 2011 12:16
To: office@lists.oasis-open.org

Looking at the minutes from this time last year [1], I'd like to reiterate
the plan for dealing with the return to standard time in Europe and the
US.

-- Europe returns to standard time on October 30th
-- US returns to standard time on November 6th
-- China does not change their clocks

This means our meetings of October 31st and November 7th will occur during
a period where Europe has returned to standard time, but the US has not.

Proposal:

The October 31st and November 7th meeting will be at 13:30 UTC (6.30am
PDT, 9:30am EDT, 2:30pm CET, 9:30pm China).  Note that this moves the
meeting 1 hour earlier for Europe.

Starting with the November 14th meeting, we will meet at 14:30 UTC(6.30am
PST, 9:30am EST, 3:30pm CET, 10:30pm China).  Note that this moves the
meeting back to the original time in Europe, but moves it 1 hour later for
China.

Regards,

-Rob

[1] http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/201010/msg00678.html