Subject: Re: [office] Another 10 issues for 7 November 2011

Thorsten,

Apologies, I have been "off" email for a while, a couple of questions:

On 11/01/2011 06:02 AM, Thorsten Behrens wrote:
Hi Patrick,

some quick comments inline -

<snip>
4. Please standardize "Line Start Prohibition Rule"
http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/OFFICE-3356

Agreed that this is missing, but there's no concrete proposal from
Murata-San ->  ask for that&  defer.

Are you going to follow up with Murata-san?

9. Comments on Digital Signatures in ODF 1.2 Part 3
http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/OFFICE-3030

No material change to objections ->  defer.

When you say defer (I am sure this will come up again with you, me or others in the future) do we mean to really "defer" or are we going to close?

The reason I ask is that I would prefer to not have a grab bag of requests and possible features that form a "deferred" group. If we really mean to work on them at some point, next release cycle, ok, but let's either resolve them, or set a firm date for resolution, even if that is next release.

Does that sound reasonable?

Hope you are having a great week!

patrick@durusau.net
Chair, V1 - US TAG to JTC 1/SC 34