Subject: Promotion of ODF thought

Greetings!

While we await resolution on the promotion of ODF mechanism at OASIS, I had an idea that might be useful, whatever form that promotion mechanism takes.

A number of nations are using ODF as part of their governmental infrastructures. I don't have the details but I suspect we all know people who have part of the story.

Suggestion: Why not have an ODF Nation Poster Child that rotates every two (2) months? Suspect we could get some department of government to do the PR reports, etc., which all we have to do is reflect/point to from the OASIS site.

Reasoning that governments are always looking for PR and so have an interest in appearing in a favorable light. Not that they are going to give away free airline tickets or anything but just doing PR reports would be nice.

In a little bit longer run and it would take more effort, would be getting the W3C to pick up on our support for RDF in ODF 1.2 as a content management mechanism. Again, in their self-interest to do so.

Hope everyone is having a great week!

patrick@durusau.net
Former Chair, V1 - US TAG to JTC 1/SC 34
Convener, JTC 1/SC 34/WG 3 (Topic Maps)

Homepage: http://www.durusau.net
Twitter: patrickDurusau