Subject: Re: [office] request for leave of absence from ODF TC, OIC TC and ODF Adoption TC

I have a fundamental problem with a public advance declaration of when I am on holiday - security. It is not difficult to find out where people live and announcing when you are away is not a good plan. I believe we should adopt a different system for that simple reason. It is not difficult, for example:

1. Inform the chairman privately that you are away, one week in advance
2. Chairman notes this at the meeting, but it is NOT recorded in the minutes
3. On return, voting rights are restored.

If we do not trust the chair to handle this, then he can be obliged to email OASIS privately each time so there is an audit trail.

Perhaps the TC could discuss this next week and, if agreed, formally request OASIS to change this?

Rob: please add this to the agenda for next week.

Robin