Subject: Re: [office] Preparing ballot text -- I need your CT links

Hi Robin,

Nothing is really adopted in any formal sense until it is written up and included in the specification, and even then it requires a series of votes to advance it from a Committee Draft to a Committee Specification to an OASIS Standard.  On the middle vote the specification will require 2/3 approval of TC members.  That ultimately is what ensures that our published work has a high degree of consensus.

What the present vote accomplishes is to focus our efforts toward removing the imperfections from a single approach rather than trying to simultaneously remove the imperfections from three different approaches.  But until we have an actual specification to vote on, this is a preliminary step, but not the formal adoption of any specification material.

Regards,

-Rob

http://www.deltaxml.com