Subject: Re: [office] Naming advice on multi-parts

One question I thought of after the meeting ended.   Do we need to do anything for the abbreviated names to make the file names sort naturally by part?  This would be a good property to enable, I think.

Right now we're proposing abbreviated names like:

odf-intro
odf-packages
odf-documents
odf-openformula

and so on.

The current file naming conventions don't say anything about parts.  But note that putting a part identifier after our abbreviation would not sort by part.  But putting the part number like this would:

odf-part01-intro
odf-part02-packages
odf-part03-documents
odf-part04-openformula

(In other words, do we need an abbreviation for parts that are separate from the abbreviation for the overall specification?)

-Rob

http://tm.durusau.net
http://www.durusau.net