Subject: Re: [office] What was the story with missing default values for optional attributes again?

Svante Schubert wrote:
> > Would indeed be good to salvage those scripts, even better to have
> > them somewhere public.
>
> I believe the best is to bring the sources to the Apache ODF Toolkit,
> where I already found the XSLT to extract default values from a single
> file [1]. By doing so we have all sources at a single place, which is
> important when fixes would be applied and developers wouldn't search for
> development sources in the OASIS rep. It is only tooling around the spec
> anyway.

Hi Svante,

unless the scripts depend on functionality from the ODF Toolkit, I
would strongly suggest to host them at OASIS - their predominent
purpose being spec editing and maintenance. They are so deeply tied in
with this TC's work that splitting e.g. draft spec and xslt tool
hosting appear absurd to me.

> AFAIK ODF does not specify a default value for every optional attribute.
> I agree that this is problematic in terms of interoperability.
> Do you have some examples?

The question yesterday was triggered e.g. by the chart:error-*
attribs.

Cheers,

--

Thorsten Behrens

SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nürnberg; GF: Jeff
Hawn, Jennifer Guild, Felix Imendörffer, HRB 16746 (AG Nürnberg)