Subject: Re: [office] What was the story with missing default values for optional attributes again?

<office@lists.oasis-open.org> wrote on 02/26/2013 10:29:37 AM:

> From: Svante Schubert <svante.schubert@gmail.com>

> To: office@lists.oasis-open.org,
> Date: 02/26/2013 10:40 AM
> Subject: Re: [office] What was the story with missing default values
> for optional attributes again?

> Sent by: <office@lists.oasis-open.org>
>
> The story goes back to RelaxNG problem from 2008, see below for details
> [3,4].
>
> On 26.02.2013 10:28, Thorsten Behrens wrote:
> > Hi there,
> >
> > prompted by a question from a LibreOffice hacker - I find history of
> > discussions prior to 1.2, that removed a:defaultValue from rng and
> > into prose [1], and I find work on determining under-specified default
> > values, including implementation differences [2]. My question: did
> > that ever conclude, is it still pending, or was it consciously
> > abandoned?
> >
> > And depending on the answer, should we log bugs for missing defaults?
> > ;)
> A bug report sounds good to me.
> Be aware that there exists a XSL stylesheet to extract the default
> values from the XML of the ODF specification. I have once done several
> fixes on that myself.
> The result from the extraction [5] is used for instance by the Apache
> ODF Toolkit project (incubating). I have in mind, that Michael handed
> all scrips over to Rob, right?

I believe the needed scripts were all included as samples in the XSLTRunner app in the ODF Toolkit.

I searched my email, but I don't see any other scripts sent from Michael.  However, he did write up some detailed instructions on the wiki here:

https://wiki.oasis-open.org/office/How_to_prepare_ODF_specification_documents

Regards,

-Rob

https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office-comment/200805/msg00014.html