Subject: Re: [office] Which coordinate system is used, when svg:viewBox is missing?

Hi,

Dennis E. Hamilton schrieb:
Regina,

Thanks for the test document.

The following applications open that document exactly the same way:

  * Microsoft PowerPoint 2007 (after going ahead when the document is found not to be ODF 1.1)
  * LibreOffice 3.3.2 on Windows 8
  * Apache OpenOffice 3.4.1 on Windows XP SP3
  * Microsoft PowerPoint 2013 on Windows 8
  * LibreOffice 4.0.1 on Windows XP SP3

Slide 1 is with a big almost-isosceles triangle near the upper left
Slide 2 has that triangle rendered much smaller (and the geometry
doesnot seem to be quite proportional to the large one)

In Apache OpenOffice it is 1/10, but you need 3000% zoom to measure it.

Slide 3 has that big triangle translated higher and to the left into the
upper left corner, with the left-most apex ouside the left side of the
frame (and clipped in the slideshow).

They act as if svg:viewBox="0 0 21600 21600" was given. If Calligra had the same results, I would have suggest to specify, that this is the default in case the attribute svg:viewBox is missing. But because Calligra does it different, I have no simple proposal what to do.

I think, that the attribute svg:viewBox cannot be really optional but need a default, because many values in the enhanced geometry are defined with reference to svg:viewBox.

Kind regards
Regina