Subject: RE: [office] Which coordinate system is used, when svg:viewBox is missing?

Regina,

I concur.  There has to be svg:viewBox (default) because of the dependencies.  Because it would break at least one implementation to specify the default now, it is not appropriate to handle this with an Errata for ODF 1.2.

I think an OIC Advisory could be produced.  My thought is that the advisory could recommend that svg:viewBox be present (not omitted) any time there is reliance on a feature that depends on the viewBox.

Perhaps that could then be made a requirement for ODF 1.3.

 - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: office@lists.oasis-open.org [mailto:office@lists.oasis-open.org] On Behalf Of Regina Henschel
Sent: Monday, March 25, 2013 12:33
To: office@lists.oasis-open.org

[ ... ]

They act as if svg:viewBox="0 0 21600 21600" was given. If Calligra had
the same results, I would have suggest to specify, that this is the
default in case the attribute svg:viewBox is missing. But because
Calligra does it different, I have no simple proposal what to do.

I think, that the attribute svg:viewBox cannot be really optional but
need a default, because many values in the enhanced geometry are defined
with reference to svg:viewBox.

Kind regards
Regina