Subject: My ODF TC Farewell Week

My last ODF TC call will be on Monday, August 5.  About one week later, my OASIS Individual Membership will lapse.  It will not be renewed.

The following items remain from me:

 1. REVIEW OF THE TRANSPOSED ODF 1.1 APPROVED ERRATA 01 DOCUMENTS.

I have offered to review the transposition, once prepared from the PRD01 package that we updated and approved.  That has not been assigned so far and the odds are this material won't be published until after my participation ends.

Patrick is already prepared to submit a WG6 defect report on the few Errata 01 items that also still apply to IS 26300.  The gating event for this submission is the OASIS publication of ODF 1.1 Approved Errata 01.  I expect that the setback time for submission to a WG6 teleconference in August will not be met and the first WG6 opportunity to receive and process the defect report will be the SC34 Plenary in September.

 2. TWO PASSWORD PRIVACY AND SECURITY PROPOSALS

The proposals concern the use of hashing algorithms for protection keys and also the hashing that is done as part of key derivation in ODF Package encryption.  With regard to protection keys, the OIC TC Advisory 00009 on the subject is being balloted as a candidate advisory.

I will have nothing further to offer.  Any further disposition is a matter for the ODF TC.

3. ADDITIONAL ERRATA-ITEM JIRA ISSUES

Those are available for disposition at the pleasure of the ODF TC.

4. LIAISON REPORTS ON JUNE 2013 WG MEETINGS

I attended the June meetings of JTC1/SC34 WG1, WG4, and WG5.

I will complete liaison reports on those before my membership ends.  I will post them to both the ODF TC and OIC TC lists.

FAREWELL

You have my best wishes for the successful PAS submission of ODF 1.2 to JTC1 and for the completion of ODF 1.3.

 - Dennis