Subject: Re: [office] Setting the Component field for issues, where no component set

<office@lists.oasis-open.org> wrote on 10/21/2013 03:50:49 PM:

> Hi all,
>
> I have looked through the issues, which have no component set. I want to
> see, whether there are issues which belong to component Graphics or
> Change Tracking in content. I like to set the component for those, so
> that they will show up by a query for component Graphics or Change
> Tracking. But doing so, would produce a lot of notification emails with
> only comment "set component".
>
> What do you think? If someone wants to have a look at the list, I can
> provide the list as spreadsheet.

It is part of the transparency focus at OASIS for all JIRA issue changes to be echoed to the TC mailing list.   If you generate a few dozen changes I don't think this will be a problem.  If you generate 10,000 notifications on the other hand...

That said, old-timers on the TC will remember when we initially pumped in all of the archives of the comment list into JIRA and generated 100's of notifications.

Regards,

-Rob