Subject: Re: [office] Tabulator (TAB) questions to implementors

Hi all,

sorry for stepping in soo late in the discussion - a one-week vacation more or less costs one-week to got through the mail and tasks backlog.

I am 100% confirming Regina's observation on OpenOffice regarding the TABS inheritance. OpenOffice has implemented TABS inheritance on the style:tab-stops element level.

I would be in favor to introduce TABS inheritance on the individual tab stop level.
As far as I know OOXML has such an inheritance and has a feature for "removing"/"clearing" an inherited tab stop.
But, the "removing"/"clearing" feature is not fully clear to me, especially in the scenario when the "removed"/"cleared" tab stop is changed in the parent style. May be one of our TC members from Microsoft could give further input here.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards
Oliver-Rainer Wittmann

--
Advisory Software Engineer