Subject: FW: Statement of Use of OASIS ODF 1.2 - Microsoft

As Microsoft's Primary Representative to the OASIS ODF TC, I endorse this Statement of Use from Microsoft.

Chris Rae, Microsoft

From: Jim Thatcher
Sent: 29 October 2013 13:09
To: Chris Rae
Subject: Statement of Use of OASIS ODF 1.2 - Microsoft

Chris,

Please forward this statement to the ODF list at OASIS.

Microsoft has successfully implemented the OASIS Open Document Format (ODF) Version 1.2 Standard in the Microsoft Office 2013 and Microsoft Office 365 products. Our testing has shown that these implementations of ODF 1.2 provide a high level of interoperability between Microsoft Office and other independent implementations of the standard. Microsoft technical experts participated in the ODF Technical Committee, with specific focus on the OpenFormula and digital signature specifications. In Microsoft's opinion the ODF 1.2 specification represents a significant improvement to the ODF standard.

Jim Thatcher
Principal Program Manager
Office Standards
Microsoft Corporation