Subject: Re: [office] Call for Nominations for Co-Chair ODF TC

Oliver,

Deeply appreciate your acceptance of Rob's nomination for Co-Chair of
the ODF TC!

Hope you enjoy your vacation next week! There will be plenty of work
waiting upon your return. ;-)

Hope you are having a great day!

Patrick

On 05/23/2014 11:12 AM, Oliver-Rainer Wittmann wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> <office@lists.oasis-open.org> wrote on 05/22/2014 08:20:28 PM:
>>
>>> From: Patrick Durusau <patrick@durusau.net> To:
>>> "office@lists.oasis-open.org" <office@lists.oasis-open.org>
>>> Date: 05/22/2014 08:16 PM Subject: [office] Call for
>>> Nominations for Co-Chair ODF TC Sent by:
>>> <office@lists.oasis-open.org>
>>>

>>> Greeting!
>>>
>>> I trust you have seen the sad news that Rob Weir is resigning
>>> as co-chair of the ODF TC and the happy news that he will be
>>> remaining a member of the TC.
>>>
>>> In view of Rob's resignation, I am issuing this call for
>>> nominations for the position of Co-Chair of the ODF TC.
>>>
>>> Nominations will be open from today, May 22 and will close at
>>> 12:00 PM GMT on May 29, 2014.
>>>

>> Hello Patrick,
>>
>> I'd like to nominate Oliver-Rainer Wittmann as ODF TC Co-Chair.
>>
>> Oliver has been an member of the TC since 2006, first as an
>> employee of Sun, then Oracle and now IBM.  He is active in the TC
>> as well as the Change Tracking Subcommittee.  His commitment to
>> the ODF ecosystem is shown as well in his regular attendance at
>> ODF Plugfests [1].   And, of course, he is also a long-time
>> implementer of ODF.   I think he would be an excellent TC
>> Co-Chair.
>>
>> [1]
>>
> http://plugtest.opendocsociety.org/doku.php?id=plugfests:200906_thehague:participants:oliver-rainer_wittmann
>

> Thanks for the confidence in my past engagement and work in/on
> ODF.
>
> If I will get the corresponding backing from the TC members, I am
> ready to take over this job for the TC together with Patrick.
>

> Best regards, Oliver.
>
> P.S.: I will be on vacation, starting tomorrow. I will be back on
> Monday, the 2nd of June.
>

>> Regards,
>>
>> -Rob
>>

>>> Looking forward to working with a new Co-chair for the TC and
>>> Rob as a continuing member of the TC.
>>>
>>> Hope everyone is having a great day!
>>>
>>> Patrick
>>>

> -- Advisory Software Engineer
> -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>  IBM Deutschland Beim Strohhause 17 20097 Hamburg Phone:
> +49-40-6389-1415 E-Mail: orwitt@de.ibm.com
> -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>  IBM Deutschland Research & Development GmbH / Vorsitzende des
> Aufsichtsrats: Martina Koederitz Geschäftsführung: Dirk Wittkopp
> Sitz der Gesellschaft: Böblingen / Registergericht: Amtsgericht
> Stuttgart, HRB 243294

- --
Patrick Durusau
patrick@durusau.net
Technical Advisory Board, OASIS (TAB)
Co-Chair, OpenDocument Format TC (OASIS)
Editor, OpenDocument Format TC, Project Editor ISO/IEC 26300
Former Chair, V1 - US TAG to JTC 1/SC 34
Convener, JTC 1/SC 34/WG 3 (Topic Maps)
Co-Editor, ISO 13250-5 (Topic Maps)

Homepage: http://www.durusau.net
Twitter: patrickDurusau