Subject: summary of our work on the received comments for the ODF 1.2 PAS Submission

Dear TC members,

I would like to summarize our work in the past weeks on the received comments for the ODF 1.2 PAS Submission for our reply to ISO/IEC JTC1/SC34.

We are tracking the received comments in our JIRA database. OFFICE-3865 ... -3873 had been created.

The current status of each of these issues is the following from my point of view:

- OFFICE-3865 - Request retention of ODF 1.1 as published standard
proposed response: No action, we agree and up to JTC1 to retain the edition, corresponding OASIS edition will remain available.

- OFFICE-3866 -  Earlier XAdES edition referenced
proposed response: We agree, but means to get there is under discussion

Regina's investigation reveals that no substantial change had been made between version 1.4.1 and 1.4.2 of XAdES

- OFFICE-3867 - Earlier XmlDsig-Core edition referenced
deeper investigations are needed - Rob and Patrick volunteered
Dennis' input on the public comment list needs to be discussed

- OFFCE-3868 - Earlier MIME media RFC edition referenced
deeper investigations are needed - Patrick volunteered

- OFFICE-3869 - Clarify relationship between digital signature and encryption
clarification from national body requested - Chris volunteered
Dennis' input on the public comment list needs to be discussed

- OFFICE-3870 - Clarify singular nature of ds:Reference
proposed response - We agree that this editorial error should be fixed as suggested.

- OFFICE-3871 -  Incorrect Type in ds:Reference
looks like an editorial error - wrong URI used
should be solved in relation to OFFICE-3866

- OFFICE-3872 - Request retention of ODF 1.1 as published standard
more or less the same as OFFICE-3865

- OFFICE-3873 - Semantics of the interactions of the change-tracking elements are unclear
clarification from national body requested - Chris volunteered
should be solved in relation to our efforts going on in our Collab SC regarding Change Tracking

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards
Oliver-Rainer Wittmann

--
Advisory Software Engineer