Subject: Re: [office] Groups - responses to ODF 1.2 PAS Submission comments uploaded

Hi,

yes, it makes more sense to "adapt ODF 1.2"
But it also make sense to "consider a corresponding adoption (of received comment) for the next version of ODF" from my point of view.

Let us see, if we can get feedback from a native speaker

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards
Oliver-Rainer Wittmann

--
Advisory Software Engineer
IBM Deutschland
Beim Strohhause 17
20097 Hamburg
Phone: +49-40-6389-1415
E-Mail: orwitt@de.ibm.com
IBM Deutschland Research & Development GmbH / Vorsitzende des Aufsichtsrats: Martina Koederitz
Geschäftsführung: Dirk Wittkopp
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Böblingen / Registergericht: Amtsgericht Stuttgart, HRB 243294

From:        Michael Stahl <mstahl@redhat.com>
To:        office@lists.oasis-open.org
Date:        20.01.2015 12:31
Sent by:        <office@lists.oasis-open.org>

> Hi,
>
> thanks for the feedback - very late, but not too late.
>
> I am not a native speaker, but I think "adopt" and "adoption" are
> English words with the meaning of "take over" resp. "takeover" (German:
> "übernehmen" bzw. "Übernahme")

yes, and we (the TC) don't "adopt" ODF 1.2 because we define it, which
means we can "adapt" it to new requirements.

> If "adapt" is fitting better here, I do not know.
> I also think that the BRM attendees will understand both terms and the
> terms will not be part of any specification.
> May be a native speaker could provide feedback.
>
> I would like to go with the current text as we all had already agreed on
> it and for me it seems that "adopt" vs "adapt" is a minor issue in this
> context.
> Nevertheless, I will hold back the notification to Jamie Clark until
> 15:00 (UTC+1)

agree completely, it's very insignificant, not worth any significant delay.

--
Michael Stahl | Software Engineer
Platform Engineering - Desktop Team

See how it works at redhat.com

Red Hat GmbH,
http://www.de.redhat.com/ Sitz: Grasbrunn,
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht München, HRB 153243
Geschäftsführer: Charles Cachera, Michael Cunningham, Michael O'Neill,
Charles Peters