Subject: Minutes for ODF TC meeting on June 8, 3015

Greetings!

The minutes for the ODF TC meeting of June 8, 2015 are attached.

Apologies for the late posting, we can skip tomorrow if there are corrections or if more time is needed to review them.

Hope everyone is at the start of a great week!

patrick@durusau.net
Technical Advisory Board, OASIS (TAB)
OpenDocument Format TC (OASIS), Project Editor ISO/IEC 26300
Co-Editor 13250-5 (Topic Maps)

Homepage: http://www.durusau.net
Twitter: patrickDurusau

Open Document Format TC meeting minutes 2015-06-08

1. Dial-In, Roll Call, Determination of Quorum and Voting Rights

09:35 started meeting!

+ Patrick Durusau
+ Andreas Guelzow
+ Regina Henschel
+ Péter Rakyta
+ Michael Stahl
+ Andras Timar
+ Jos van den Oever
+ Oliver-Rainer Wittmann
Chris Rae

+ precedes the names of voting members

100%

Qurom

2. Motion (simple majority): Approve the Agenda

Approved.

3. Motion (simple majority): Approve the Minutes from former TC calls

- 2015-03-16 - https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/201506/msg00005.html

approved.

- 2015-05-11 - https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/201505/msg00015.html

approved.

4. Elect new Co-chair for the TC

Only two co-chairs

Full majority vote

Could rotate the co-chair positions

Process:

- announce vote at next meeeting

- or electronic ballot

Jos vad den Oever

Andras Timar

Svante Schubert

Motion for election of co-chair now - patrick

Oliver second -

Jos vad den Oever - 3

Andras Timar - 2

Svante Shubert - 2

Various balloting possibilities discussed.

Drafted electronic ballot during meeting, including language:

*****
In the event of a no full majority vote, the TC will vote for the person receiving the most votes to become the TC co-chair. In the event of a tie, the TC will elect the new co-chair at its next meeting.
*****

Motion for electronic ballot - patrick

seconded by Oliver

Electronic ballot passes.

5. New teleconference facilities for next meeting

Action item - Patrick & Jos to test sip2sip -

6. ODF Maintenance Update (ODF 1.0, 1.1, 1.2, Errata etc.)

7. New JIRA issues since last TC call

scale-to-X and scale-to-Y attributes
https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-3857
(Andras Timar)

- OFFICE-3884 - https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-3884
-- new from Andras: picked-up proposal from Kohei Y. - added to TC's
wiki in 2009

- OFFICE-2173 - https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-2173
-- Andras found implementation in LibreOffice, Apache OpenOffice and
Gnumeric and will drive this proposal for next version of ODF

Not "new" but there has been mailing list traffic on this issue. Would discussion during the TC call be helpful?

8. New comments on the comments list since last TC call
[none so far]

Next 22 June 2015

9.  Adjournment

chat log:

[8:22] anonymous morphed into Jos van den Oever

[9:27] Andras Timar: Hi Jos

[9:28] Peter Rakyta: Hi everyone!

[9:28] Oliver-Rainer Wittmann: hello everybody

[9:29] anonymous morphed into Regina Henschel

[9:31] Oliver-Rainer Wittmann: waiting for Patrick to lead the today's TC call

[9:32] Patrick: Greetings!

[9:32] Jos van den Oever: Hello everybody

[9:38] Patrick: - OFFICE-3884 - https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-3884
-- new from Andras: picked-up proposal from Kohei Y. - added to TC's
wiki in 2009

- OFFICE-2173 - https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-2173
-- Andras found implementation in LibreOffice, Apache OpenOffice and
Gnumeric and will drive this proposal for next version of ODF

[9:41] Jos van den Oever: two co-chairs means two people total, right? not one chair and two co-chairs

[9:41] Oliver-Rainer Wittmann: here is the TC process text regarding co-chairs:
The responsibilities of Chair of a TC may be discharged by no more than two co-Chairs. In the event that the Chair position is so shared each co-Chair is equally responsible for the Chair duties and responsibilities. Throughout this TC Process, whenever a notification to the TC Chair is required this must be made to both co-Chairs.

[9:41] Oliver-Rainer Wittmann: link: https://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines/tc-process#chairs

[9:44] Oliver-Rainer Wittmann: "Full Majority Vote" is a TC vote in which more than 50% (more than half) of the Voting Members vote "yes", regardless of the number of Voting Members present in the meeting. Abstentions are not counted. For example, in a TC in which there are 20 Voting Members, at least 11 Voting Members must vote "yes" for a motion to pass.

[9:44] Oliver-Rainer Wittmann: "Full Majority Vote" is a TC vote in which more than 50% (more than half) of the Voting Members vote "yes", regardless of the number of Voting Members present in the meeting. Abstentions are not counted. For example, in a TC in which there are 20 Voting Members, at least 11 Voting Members must vote "yes" for a motion to pass.

[9:52] Jos van den Oever: https://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines/tc-process#voting

[9:56] Oliver-Rainer Wittmann: +1 for Jos

[10:05] Jos van den Oever: So it turns out voting for a cochair can be quite complicated.

[10:06] Jos van den Oever: "TCs may conduct electronic ballots, either by using the TC's general mail list or the publicly archived electronic voting functionality provided by OASIS."

[10:07] Jos van den Oever: so we can do the ballot via email on the mailling list

[10:07] Jos van den Oever: if the oasis ballot system is somehow limiting

[10:08] Jos van den Oever: i think the hardest part would be on how to avoid or resolve a tie

[10:09] Jos van den Oever: yes/no/abstain is a requirement for votes on a work, for a vote on other things you can have custom votes

[10:09] Jos van den Oever: but the web ui might not support that, in which case we can vote via the mailing list

[10:16] Patrick: In the event of a no full majority vote, the TC will vote for the person receiving the most votes to become the TC co-chair. In the event of a tie, the TC will elect the new co-chair at its next meeting.

[10:16] Oliver-Rainer Wittmann: Rob is asking on the TC's mailing list:
Have we discussed how to conduct a vote with more than two candidates?  Does OASIS have a requirement for how we do this?

[10:17] Patrick: Any TC chair or co-chair election shall be by Full Majority Vote of the TC, with each winning candidate having received a full majority vote regardless of the number of candidates.

[10:17] Patrick: 2.7 TC Chairs

[10:19] Michael Stahl: Andreas: OFFICE-3860 with "forced-exponent-sign" is fine with me, i'll propose that for vote next meeting

[10:29] Oliver-Rainer Wittmann: regarding calendar entries for the next TC calls:
I will remove the current dail-in information from all calendar entries except the next TC call

[10:30] Oliver-Rainer Wittmann: In case of a missing teleconf. system for next TC call we will be able to use mine again.

[10:34] anonymous morphed into Chris Rae

[10:35] Chris Rae: hi all - are we still using Oliver-Rainier's conference call details? I couldn't find mention of new ones

[10:38] Chris Rae: argh, please ignore, it appears I've succumbed to daylight savings time confusions

[10:42] Jos van den Oever: hi chris, yes you just missed the meeting