Subject: Agenda for Monday, 28 September 2015

Dear TC members,

Below you find the proposed agenda for our next TC call.

Apologies for its length but I thought embedding the relevant information in the agenda would save time. Comments/suggestions?

The Open Document Format Technical Committee will have its next TC Coordination Call on September 28th at 1330 UTC.

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?year=2015&month=9&day=28&hour=13&min=30&sec=0&p1=25&p2=37&iv=1800

The call counts towards voter eligibility.

Teleconference Numbers

Canada - (use US number)

Denmark - +45 78 77 25 34

Germany - +49 30 255550324

Hungary - +36 1 987 6874

The Netherlands - +31 6 35205016

USA - +1 641-715-3580

Access code (for all numbers): 438-387

Chat room for meeting is at: http://webconf.soaphub.org/conf/room/odf

Agenda
------

1. Dial-In, Roll Call, Determination of Quorum and Voting Rights

2. Motion (simple majority): Approve the Agenda

3. Motion (simple majority): Approve the Minutes from former TC calls

- 2015-06-22 - https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/office/download.php/56461/ODF-TC-Minutes-22June2015.txt

- 2015-07-06 - https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/office/download.php/56462/ODF-TC-Minutes-6July2015.txt

- 2015-08-03 - working call - pending

- 2015-08-17 - https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/office/download.php/56463/ODF-TC-Minutes-17-August-2015.txt

- 2015-08-31 - https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/office/download.php/56464/ODF-TC-Minutes-31-August-2015.txt

- 2015-09-14 - pending

5. Progress on putting the specification documents in svn (I will have some comments about documents I will upload before the meeting)

6. ODF Maintenance Update (ODF 1.0, 1.1, 1.2, Errata etc.)

8. JIRA Issues for discussion:

Office-602 https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-602 - Unclear sentence in 2.5 of ODF 1.0

Propose: close Note: fixed in 1.2, possibly an errata for 1.0 but I would not bother.

Office-568 https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-568 - Change tracking issue

Propose: 1.3 Note: Related to change tracking. Wants tracking stored in separate file, external to the package? Punt to change tracking SC.

Office-566 https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-566 - Concerns and Wants Related to Text Sections in OD v 1.1+

Propose: 1.3 Note: The comment at: https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office-comment/200712/msg00005.html is complex and I haven't worked out what may be missing from our current definitions. Anyone else want to take a crack at it?

Office-550 https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-550 - Re: [office-comment] Unit system tracking

Propose: close Note: Wheeler says there is no experience in spreadsheets with unit system tracking, suggest we not go there.

Office-535 https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-535 - Unclear sentence in 2.1.1 of ODF 1.0 [N0942#40]

Propose: close Note: Fixed in ODF 1.2

Office-534 https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-534 - Unclear sentence in 2.1.1 of ODF 1.0 [N0942#41]

Propose: close Note: Fixed in 1.2 see Office-2053

Office-513 https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-513 - Interface META-functions

Propose: close Note: Commenter says every spreadsheet lacks a function to send data to external application and import the results. Should we be the first? Implementers?

Office-499 https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-499 - Data Type Specification and Conversion like in FORTRESS

Propose: close Note: One of the spreadsheet experts needs to comment, don't we already have this in OpenFormula 4 Types?

Office-498 https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-498 - DISTINCT Values

Propose: close Note: Eike points out this is already possible in spreadsheets but not a pre-defined function (this is predefined in Xquery by the way)

Office-497 https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-498 - Very Weak String Support in ODF

Propose: 1.3? Note: Wheeler deferred because of lack of experience with requested functions. Implementers?

Office-452 https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-452 - RFE: Colour space capability within OpenDocument

Propose: 1.3? Note: High end color features, including: 1. ability to specify colours in terms of CMY, CMYK; 2. ability to specify an RGB colour space (e.g., sRGB) for conversion purposes; 3. ability to load images etc. in formats such as CMYK, and retain RGB conversions for future use (that is, for RGB display purposes), since different applications will convert them differently (or be unable to convert them); 4. support for ISO 15076 (ICC Color Profiles) - see, e.g., the work in CSS3: http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-iccprof; 5. some degree of support for Pantone(?) Interest from implementers?

Office-439 https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-439 - "page" in 15.3.4 Border Line Width of ODF 1.0 [N0942#89]

Propose: close Note: Fixed a long time ago.

Office-426 https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-439 - RFE: Vertical Justification

Propose: 1.3? Note: See 20.388 for one method of achieving this effect with no changes. Biggest problem is that ODF has no defined page geometry. That would be very useful but also a big ask. Doable, particularly if we borrowed the xsl:fo model.

Office- 353 https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-353 - Alternative Glyphs

Propose: 1.3? Note: Is this an issue? There is no generic Unicode font so every font you specify with styles is a choice of glyphs.

Regina Henschel comments:

*****

I have looked at issue OFFICE-353,
https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-353

I suggest to close it as duplicate of issue OFFICE-3414,
Public Comment: Proposal for adding Font Feature support to ODF
https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-3414

Issue 3414 has a detailed description of the problem in the document which is attached to the public comment.

https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office-comment/201008/pdf00000.pdf

https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/office/email/archives/201509/msg00012.html
*****

Office-298 https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-298 - Seeks formal content model of ODF

Propose: 1.3 Note: Requests a formal data model (UML, etc.) - Would help with the change tracking but also a lot of work. Quite old, 2006.

Office-296 https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-296 - Would like ODF to allow "semantic markup at smaller granularities than at the document level"

Propose: close Note: Updated to be a new feature and one that is satisfied by our current RDF support. Suggest close.

Office-286 https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-286 - Proposal to allow multiple markups within an ODF document

Propose: 1.3? Note: Embedding non-ODF markup/code for processing by non-ODF applications. Interest from implementers?

Office-260 https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-260 - Broken link on PDF page 2

Propose: close Note: Close as we verify all links for drafts.

Office-228 https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-228 Font Embedding

Regina Henschel suggests:

*****

I have looked at issue OFFICE-228 "Public Comment: Font Embedding"
https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-228

Font embedding is already possible in ODF 1.2. LibreOffice has implemented it. It uses the element "svg:font-face-uri", child of "svg:font-face-src", child of "style:font-face". The font-file is stored in a folder "Fonts" in the package and as element "office:binary-data" in the flat format. As far as I see, nothing of that violates the standard.

There exists issue OFFICE-2600 "folder structure for scripts, media..."
https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-2600

I suggest to use that issue, if it is intended to standardize the structure for storing the font-files in the package.

My suggestion: Comment in issue OFFICE-228, that font embedding is already possible with ODF1.2 and that the structure will be discussed in OFFICE-2600. Then close the issue with resolution "no action".

https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/office/email/archives/201509/msg00011.html
*****

Propose comment and close as suggested by Regina.

Office-220 https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-220 - Annotating the RelaxNG schema of ODF

Propose: close? Note: The proposed annotation returns 404. Unless someone on the TC wants to annotate a separate version of the schema. Changed to new feature.

Office-212 https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-212 - Integrate "Intelligence Community Information Security Markings" with ODF?

Propose: 1.3? Note: 404 for link in email. Try: http://www.dni.gov/index.php/about/organization/chief-information-officer/information-security-marking-metadata Could this be adapted to our RDF metadata? Worth contacting the government to see if they will contribute work cycles.

9. Target date for ODF 1.3 and its probable contents?

10. New comments on the comments list since last TC call
[none so far]

11.  Adjournment

Hope everyone is at the start of a great week!

patrick@durusau.net
Technical Advisory Board, OASIS (TAB)
OpenDocument Format TC (OASIS), Project Editor ISO/IEC 26300
Co-Editor 13250-5 (Topic Maps)

Homepage: http://www.durusau.net
Twitter: patrickDurusau