Subject: RDF support?

Greetings!

Is RDF support on the roadmap for any of the implementers of ODF?

Despite my misgivings about RDF, it would clearly be superior to current metadata support in office software in general.

Not that I think we need to make changes but if we could encourage such support sooner rather than later, it could make a selling point for ODF.

The only metadata that could rival RDF support dodges vendor lock-in in favor of consultant/contractor lock-in. ;-)

I once maintained a network where the disk necessary to see the internal server settings was found to be blank. Yes. I was quite annoyed because there were monitoring/maintenance tasks that could not be performed without that disk. You may assume the contractor who installed the system long before I arrived had that disk.

You may assume from that story that I despise consultant/contractor lock-in in all its various forms.

Hope everyone is having a great day!

patrick@durusau.net
Technical Advisory Board, OASIS (TAB)
OpenDocument Format TC (OASIS), Project Editor ISO/IEC 26300
Co-Editor 13250-5 (Topic Maps)

Homepage: http://www.durusau.net
Twitter: patrickDurusau