Subject: Re: [office] Agenda for Monday, 12 October 2015 (Seven Comments from Michael Stahl, don't be shy) the more email discussion the faster we can move.

Hi Patrick,

the issue https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-353 in your list.

Kind regards
Regina

Patrick Durusau schrieb:
Dear TC members,

Below you find the proposed agenda for our next TC call.

I have *not* replicated the issues in the agenda as that makes pasting
the agenda into the chat room confusing.

The Open Document Format Technical Committee will have its next TC
Coordination Call on October 12th at 1330 UTC.

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?year=2015&month=10&day=12&hour=13&min=30&sec=0&p1=25&iv=1800

The call counts towards voter eligibility.

Teleconference Numbers

Canada - (use US number)

Denmark - +45 78 77 25 34

Germany - +49 30 255550324

Hungary - +36 1 987 6874

The Netherlands - +31 6 35205016

USA - +1 641-715-3580

Access code (for all numbers): 438-387

Chat room for meeting is at: http://webconf.soaphub.org/conf/room/odf

Agenda
------

1. Dial-In, Roll Call, Determination of Quorum and Voting Rights

2. Motion (simple majority): Approve the Agenda

3. Motion (simple majority): Approve the Minutes from former TC calls -
Will post pending minutes for approval at 26 October 2015 meeting.

- 2015-08-03 - working call - pending

- 2015-09-14 - pending

- 2015-09-28 - pending

5.  Progress on putting the specification documents in svn

Update from Jos/Patrick -

Discussion of use of content.xml for each part as the file to be diffed.
Will make management of the diffs easier than using application
generated files.

If agreed by TC, how often should we produce application generated files
for reading ease? (It doesn't matter to me. I can read XML about as easy
as I read clear text. Quarterly?)

7. JIRA Issues for discussion:

I have attached a new spreadsheet for this meeting that has the seven
(7) JIRA issues we did not reach last time and the issues previously set
of 12 October 2015. Absent any other comments, I have sorted the JIRA
issues in ascending order as per Michael Stahl's request.

Michael Stahl has comments
(https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/office/email/archives/201510/msg00001.html)
on:

OFFICE- 638, OFFICE-657, OFFICE-659 - (I propose we treat these together)

Michael says:

*****
i'd rather not resolve anything as a duplicate of OFFICE-659 since that
is a rather confusing comment that mingles 2 different issues, the FFT
function and the "function to call external program" idea of OFFICE-513,
and on top of that wants to define the term "Real Freedom".

better to resolve OFFICE-659 as a duplicate and point to OFFICE-513 and
OFFICE-638 for its 2 issues.

OFFICE-657 is a reply to the mail from OFFICE-638. the surviving issue
should get target ODF-Next.
*****

OFFICE-645

*****
my guess is that this refers to 9.4.12 <table:named-range> and/or 9.4.13
closing them with "just use RDF" appears premature.
*****

OFFICE-737

*****
ODF 1.2 was released with that attribute name and we don't want to break
compatibility so close this one.
*****

Office-752, Office-758

*****
these are clearly duplicates; despite the subject OFFICE-752 has nothing
to do with SUMMARY() as the author has just hi-jacked an existing email
thread.

however after attempting to read the attached document, it is completely
unclear to me what the requested function should actually do.
*****

8. New comments on the comments list since last TC call
[none so far]

9.  Adjournment

Hope everyone is at the start of a great week!