Subject: Re: [office] describing and checking the relation between identifiers and references

On Wednesday 21 October 2015 21:16:45 Svante Schubert wrote:
> impressive work!
> I very much do like your collection of all IDs and their potential
> references and its validation.
Thank you.

> During review, a question occurred to me in regard of the starting comment
> within identifiers-and-references.xml
> <https://tools.oasis-open.org/version-control/svn/office/branches/v1.3_OFFIC
> E-3887/v1.3/identifiers-and-references.xml>, it states:
>   "The rules apply to OpenDocument documents, but not to OpenDocument
> extended
>   Documents. To apply these rules to OpenDocument extended documents,
>   the contents of such documents should be processed with the rules of Part
> 3
>   §2.2.2 first."
>
> The rule of Part 3 §2.2.2
> <http://docs.oasis-open.org/office/v1.2/os/OpenDocument-v1.2-os-part3.html#O
> penDocument_Package> only states that in an extended document are more files
> allowed within /META-INF
> aside of the manifest.xml and signature files. Does it really affect the
> given rules?
In ODF 1.3 Part 1 became part 3. Here is a link to the same part in ODF 1.2:

http://docs.oasis-open.org/office/v1.2/os/OpenDocument-v1.2-os-part1.html#__RefHeading__440348_826425813

===
2.2.2OpenDocument Extended Document

An OpenDocument extended document shall meet all requirements of a conforming
document listed in 2.2.1 except A.1), B.3), C.3) and E) and shall meet the
following requirements:

    A)If the document is an OpenDocument package, then it shall be a
conforming ODF extended package (C20)

    B)If the document is an OpenDocument package, then the following
requirement shall be met for its contained files named content.xml, styles.xml,
settings.xml and meta.xml, if present:

        B.1)If the XML root element of a file is <office:document-content>,
<office:document-styles>, <office:document-meta> or <office:document-settings>, then
the XML file shall be valid with respect to the schema defined in appendix A,
after the following processing of foreign elements has taken place:

            B.1.1)Foreign elements and attributes, as defined in section 3.17
have been removed.

            B.1.2)The content of foreign elements has been processed as defined
in section 3.17.

    C)If the document is a single XML file, then the XML files shall be valid
with respect to the schema defined in appendix A, after processing of foreign
elements as defined in B1) has taken place.
===

> I tested the XSL transformation as well.
> First some suggestion to the documentation in the header of the iar2sch.xsl
> file
> 1) I suggest to make it more explicit in the text that it is a two step
> procedure to create the validation XSL file from your XML and XSL.
ok

> 2) Also make explicit that iso_svrl_for_xslt2.xsl is part of the Schematron
> implementation (plus reference).
ok

> One minor typo, I assume you meant
>
>   Single XML files can be checked too:
>     java -jar saxon9he.jar -xsl:identifiers-and-references.xsl
> -s:example.*f*odt
>
> using fodt (flat file) suffix instead of the odt, as it does not work
> directly on a zipped ODT for me.

According to the specification, 'odt' is also the extension for the single xml
file. I added a note that these files can also be calles flat xml odf.

> The validation gave some result on one of my files, do you have some
> test file to show coverage?
No, I do not have test files. It would be good to have them. Is the
specification repository the right place for them.

> Another cosmetic thing: Under windows I get the complete schematron
> ouput file to the command line instead of the sole output, when
> calling:
>
> java -jar saxon9he.jar -xsl:identifiers-and-references.xsl
> -s:/myOdtDirectory/content.xml
fixed

Thank you for testing and reporting improvements.

Cheers,
Jos