Subject: Draft Agenda for Monday, 2015-11-23

Dear TC members,

Below you find a draft agenda for our TC call on Monday, 2015-11-23.

I will send out the final agenda, hopefully with more minutes listed,
on the Friday before the meeting.

A new spreadsheet is attached with issues to be addressed in this call.

The spreadsheet has three columns:

Column A: Issue Number as Hyperlink to JIRA

Column B: A re-written (in most cases) description of the issue

Column C: My suggested disposition of the issue (feel free to
disagree, it is just a starting point for discussion, seriously)

Comments or suggestions about this new presentation of the issues welcom
e.

The Open Document Format Technical Committee will have its next TC
Coordination Call on November 23rd at 1430 UTC.

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?year=2015&mont
h=11&day=23&hour=14&min=30&sec=0&p1=25&iv=1800

The call counts towards voter eligibility.

Teleconference Numbers

Canada - (use US number)

Denmark - +45 78 77 25 34

Germany - +49 30 255550324

Hungary - +36 1 987 6874

The Netherlands - +31 6 35205016

USA - +1 641-715-3580

Access code (for all numbers): 438-387

Chat room for meeting is at: http://webconf.soaphub.org/conf/room/odf

Agenda
- ------

1. Dial-In, Roll Call, Determination of Quorum and Voting Rights

2. Motion (simple majority): Approve the Agenda

3. Motion (simple majority): Approve the Minutes from former TC calls -

- - 2015-08-03 - working call - pending

- - 2015-09-14 - pending

- - 2015-09-28 - pending

- - 2015-10-12 - pending

- - 2015-10-26 - pending

- - 2015-11-09 - attached, ODF-TC-Minutes-09November-2015-draft.txt (I
will upload to the repository after approval.)

4. Jos van den Oever - report on plugfest

5. JIRA Issues for discussion:

Spreadsheet attached, JIRA-Issues-ODF-TC-23November2015.ods

6. New comments on the comments list since last TC call
[none so far]

7. Next meeting: 2015-12-07 at 14:30 UTC.

8.  Adjournment

Hope everyone is at the start of a great week!

Patrick

- --
Patrick Durusau
patrick@durusau.net
Technical Advisory Board, OASIS (TAB)
OpenDocument Format TC (OASIS), Project Editor ISO/IEC 26300
Co-Editor 13250-5 (Topic Maps)

Homepage: http://www.durusau.net
Twitter: patrickDurusau

ODF-TC-Minutes-09-November-2015

1. Dial-In, Roll Call, Determination of Quorum and Voting Rights

9:00 AM

9:05 roll-call

Quorum

+Thorsten Behrens

+Andreas Guelzow

+Regina Henschel

Darrin House

Svante Schubert

+Michael Stahl

+Andras Timar

+Patrick Durusau

Names of voting members preceded by "+"

Voting members 5 out of 8 - 62%

62 percent quorum

2. Motion (simple majority):

Approved, unanimous consent.

3. Pending prior minutes:

3. Motion (simple majority): Approve the Minutes from former TC calls -

- 2015-08-03 - working call - pending

- 2015-09-14 - pending

- 2015-09-28 - pending

- 2015-10-12 - pending

- 2015-10-26 - pending

No action.

4. Help with 2015-10-26 minutes - Patrick lost his chat log, request for a copy held by other members.

(Post-meeting Regina forwarded her copy of the chat log from 2015-10-26)

5. Outstanding JIRA Issues (in issue order):

(A note on the syntax for disposing of issues. Where a block ends with Patrick: followed by an issue disposition, the question was put to the attending TC members and the action listed was by unanimous consent. I have included links to the issues so my entry of the dispositions can be tracked.)

https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-638,
https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-657,
https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-659

Michael Stahl: what i remember is that in the cluster OFFICE-638, OFFICE-657, OFFICE-659, we wanted to ask Andreas about which issue to resolve as duplicate of which issue

Andreas Guelzow will review this cluster of issues and advise on which one should remain open and he will be assigned the open issue.
*****

https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-645 - Regina - put to ODF-Later, if someone implements it we would support it.
Patrick: ODF-Later
*****

https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-688 Regina - close - if someone wants to look for alternatives, can re-open the issue
Patrick: Close - Office-688

*****

https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-730 Regina - suggests close - can implement in a namespace if someone wants it
Patrick: Close - Office-730

*****

https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-734 Andreas Guelzow - confuses application feature with ODF function
Patrick: Close - Office-734

*****

https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-737 Patrick - incompatible attribute name change from 1.2
Patrick: Close Office-737

*****

https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-737 Regina - close office - 740
Patrick: Close - office - 740

*****

https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-742
Patrick: Close Office-742

*****

https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-747 Andreas - would be a compatibility issue, everything would start breaking
Patrick: Close office-747

*****

https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-752
Patrick: Office-752 is dup of Office-734
Patrick: Close Office-752

*****

https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-758
Patrick: Office-758 set to ODF-LATER

*****

https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-765 Regina Henschel: close as duplicate of 742
Patrick: Office-765 is dup of Office-742 and close
Patrick: Close Office-765

*****

https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-779 Regina: I don't see a use case, and I'm not sure whether the "fo"-namespace would be correct.
Patrick: Andreas suggests ODF-Later
Patrick: Move Office-779 to ODF-Later

*****

We stopped processing issues at this point due to numerous dial-in issues.

Better dial-in services would be appreciated.

Last issue outstanding from today's list:

https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-898

6. New comments on the comments list since last TC call
[none so far]

7. Next meeting: 2015-11-23 at 14:30 UTC.

8.  Adjournment - 15:28 UTC by unanimous consent.