Subject: Draft minutes for October 12, 2015

ODF-TC-Minutes-12-October-2015

Open 9:30 AM

Roll Call 9:35 AM

1. Dial-In, Roll Call, Determination of Quorum and Voting Rights

+Thorsten Behrens

+Andreas Guelzow

+Regina Henschel

+Peter Rakyta

+Michael Stahl

+Jos van den Oever

+Oliver-Rainer Wittmann

+Patrick Durusau

Names of voting members preceded by "+"

Voting members 7 out of 8 - 87%

87 percent quorum

2. Motion (simple majority): Approve the Agenda

approved.

3. Motion (simple majority): Approve the Minutes from former TC calls - Will post pending minutes for approval at 26 October 2015 meeting.

- 2015-08-03 - working call - pending

- 2015-09-14 - pending

- 2015-09-28 - pending

5.  Progress on putting the specification documents in svn

Update from Jos/Patrick -

Discussion of use of content.xml for each part as the file to be diffed. Will make management of the diffs easier than using application generated files.

If agreed by TC, how often should we produce application generated files for reading ease? (It doesn't matter to me. I can read XML about as easy as I read clear text. Quarterly?)

Jos reports we still have problems with the diffs.

Regina asks about including pictures.

Need to post examples to the list of the workflow.

Reading document quarterly - Regina

Jos - not an issue, should be scripting

Jos - Patrick - post examples to the email.

7. JIRA Issues for discussion:

Office-212

https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-212

Patrick: RDF has been implemented and should be promoted. -> recommend for this use case.

Office-286

https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-286

Patrick: Regina - use sections for embedding other formats

Regina Henschel: 10.4.8<drawlugin>

Close.

Office-228

https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-228

Jos van den Oever: we specify thumbnail location, but not image location: http://docs.oasis-open.org/office/v1.2/os/OpenDocument-v1.2-os-part3.html#__RefHeading__752823_826425813

Jos van den Oever: so standardizing font location is not high prio imo

Patrick: We don't say where to store font files, LibreOffice stores in the font folder.

Regina Henschel: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-2600

Close as duplicate of Office-2600

Office-298

https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-298

Patrick: Close due to lack of resources and the lack of any specified advantage from the model.

Patrick: Close, unless someone proposes a concrete patch to make the schema more navigable.

Close.

8. New comments on the comments list since last TC call
[none so far]

9.  Adjournment

October 26, 2015 - Next meeting -

adjourned 10:39

*********************************

Chat log:

anonymous morphed into Andreas Guelzow

anonymous morphed into Jos van den Oever

anonymous morphed into thorsten

thorsten morphed into Thorsten Behrens

Jos van den Oever: https://gitlab.com/odfplugfest/odfhistory/blob/master/odftc/odftc

Patrick: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-212

Patrick: RDF has been implemented and should be promoted. -> recommend for this use case.

Patrick: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-286

Patrick: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-228

Patrick: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-298

Regina Henschel: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-2600

Patrick: Close due to lack of resources and the lack of any specified advantage from the model.

Patrick: Close, unless someone proposes a concrete patch to make the schema more navigable.

Patrick: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-296

Oliver-Rainer Wittmann: not holidays, but when do we day-light-changing?

Oliver-Rainer Wittmann: bye

Oliver-Rainer Wittmann: daylight saving change will take place on Oct, 25th - at least in Germany

Oliver-Rainer Wittmann: proposal regarding daylight saving changes: (as in the last years) keep the US local time constant

Jos van den Oever: so for europeans: take note of the time changes for the next meeting

Patrick: Oliver, sorry, I wasn't watching the chat! Will post to the email list. Thanks for noticing!