Subject: Revised Agenda and Updated minutes for 14-September-015 and 28-September-2015

Greetings!

I have attached updated minutes for 14-September-2015 and
28-September-2015 as:

ODF-TC-Minutes-14-September-2015-draft-02.txt, and

ODF-TC-Minutes-28-September-2015-draft-02.txt,

respectively.

Changes in 14-September-2015:

Adreas -> Andreas

Changes in 28-September-2015:

Adras -> Andras

Thanks to Andreas Guelzow for catching these in time for correction
before our meeting!

The revised agenda for tomorrow's meeting: (will all attachments for
your convenience)

Dear TC members,

Below you find a draft agenda for our TC call on Monday, 2015-11-23.

I will send out the final agenda, hopefully with more minutes listed,
on the Friday before the meeting.

A new spreadsheet is attached with issues to be addressed in this call.

The spreadsheet has three columns:

Column A: Issue Number as Hyperlink to JIRA

Column B: A re-written (in most cases) description of the issue

Column C: My suggested disposition of the issue (feel free to
disagree, it is just a starting point for discussion, seriously)

Comments or suggestions about this new presentation of the issues welcom
e.

The Open Document Format Technical Committee will have its next TC
Coordination Call on November 23rd at 1430 UTC.

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?year=2015&mont
h=11&day=23&hour=14&min=30&sec=0&p1=25&iv=1800

The call counts towards voter eligibility.

Teleconference Numbers

Canada - (use US number)

Denmark - +45 78 77 25 34

Germany - +49 30 255550324

Hungary - +36 1 987 6874

The Netherlands - +31 6 35205016

USA - +1 641-715-3580

Access code (for all numbers): 438-387

Chat room for meeting is at: http://webconf.soaphub.org/conf/room/odf

Agenda
- ------

1. Dial-In, Roll Call, Determination of Quorum and Voting Rights

2. Motion (simple majority): Approve the Agenda

3. Motion (simple majority): Approve the Minutes from former TC calls -

- - 2015-08-03 - working call - pending

- - 2015-09-14 - ODF-TC-Minutes-14-September-2015-draft-02.txt

- - 2015-09-28 - ODF-TC-Minutes-28-September-2015-draft-02.txt

- - 2015-10-12 - ODF-TC-Minutes-12-October-2015-draft-01.txt

- - 2015-10-26 - ODF-TC-Minutes-26-October-2015-draft-01.txt

- - 2015-11-09 - ODF-TC-Minutes-09November-2015-draft.txt

4. Jos van den Oever - report on plugfest

5. JIRA Issues for discussion:

Spreadsheet attached, JIRA-Issues-ODF-TC-23November2015.ods

6. New comments on the comments list since last TC call
[none so far]

7. Next meeting: 2015-12-07 at 14:30 UTC.

8.  Adjournment

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Patrick

- --
Patrick Durusau
patrick@durusau.net
Technical Advisory Board, OASIS (TAB)
OpenDocument Format TC (OASIS), Project Editor ISO/IEC 26300
Co-Editor 13250-5 (Topic Maps)

Homepage: http://www.durusau.net
Twitter: patrickDurusau

ODF-TC-Minutes-14-September-2015

1. Dial-In, Roll Call, Determination of Quorum and Voting Rights

Andras Timar sends his regrets - ODF plugfest travel

Thorsten Behrens

+Andreas Guelzow

+Regina Henschel

Thomas O'Reilly

+Michael Stahl

+Jos van den Oever

+Patrick Durusau

5 of 8 voting members 62%

62% quorum

2. Motion (simple majority): Approve the Agenda

Jos - add plugfest 9. plugfest bump 10 to 11 and so on.

agenda approved.

3. Motion (simple majority): Approve the Minutes from former TC calls

- 2015-06-22 - https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/office/download.php/56461/ODF-TC-Minutes-22June2015.txt

- 2015-07-06 - https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/office/download.php/56462/ODF-TC-Minutes-6July2015.txt

- 2015-08-03 - working call - pending

- 2015-08-17 - https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/office/download.php/56463/ODF-TC-Minutes-17-August-2015.txt

- 2015-08-31 - https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/office/download.php/56464/ODF-TC-Minutes-31-August-2015.txt

Defer to September 28th.

5.  Progress on putting the specification documents in svn (I will have some comments about documents I will upload before the meeting)

reports by Patrick and Jos -

6. ODF Maintenance Update (ODF 1.0, 1.1, 1.2, Errata etc.)

None.

8. JIRA Issues for discussion:

Suggestions?

None.

9. Target date for ODF 1.3 and its probable contents?

Jos reports open issues to be 141 - for 1.3 87 open issues -

by 18th of September 20 issues for 1.3, starting with the earliest, priority and one line summary -

10. Plugfest report

On the report that Jos will be making at the ODF plugfest.

11. New comments on the comments list since last TC call
[none so far]

12.  Adjournment

Adjourned 10:16

Chat log:

anonymous morphed into Thorsten
Thorsten: hi guys!
anonymous morphed into Jos van den Oever
Tom O`Reilly: Good Morning!
Jos van den Oever: Hello Tim
Michael Stahl: https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office-comment/201509/msg00000.html
Jos van den Oever: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-2572?jql=project%20%3D%20OFFICE%20AND%20resolution%20%3D%20Unresolved%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%20%22ODF%201.3%22%20AND%20status%20%3D%20Open%20ORDER%20BY%20priority%20DESC
Jos van den Oever: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-3680
Jos van den Oever: Created:
    05/Apr/11 3:45 AM
Jos van den Oever: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-2572
Patrick: Jos - # of comments? https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE/?selectedTab=com.atlassian.jira.jira-projects-plugin:issues-panel
Thorsten has to catch a train, still in the call but might drop from chat in a bit ...
Patrick: WG6 call on Friday: You are advised that there will be a teleconference meeting of WG 6 on 2015-09-18 at 14:00 UTC (07:00 Pacific, 10:00 Eastern, 15:00 UK, 16:00 Europe, 22:00 China, 23:00 Japan/Korea).
ODF TC Minutes, 28 September 2015.

Start 9:00 AM

Agenda:

1. Dial-In, Roll Call, Determination of Quorum and Voting Rights

Roll Call: 9:05

Thorsten Behrens

+Patrick Durusau

+Andreas Guelzow

+Regina Henschel

Thomas O'Reilly

+Chris Rae

+Michael Stahl

+Andras Timar

+Jos van den Oever

+Oliver-Rainer Wittman

8 out of 8 voting members 100%

100% quorom

2. Motion (simple majority): Approve the Agenda

Agenda approved.

3. Motion (simple majority): Approve the Minutes from former (previous) TC calls

- 2015-06-22 - https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/office/download.php/56461/ODF-TC-Minutes-22June2015.txt

- 2015-07-06 - https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/office/download.php/56462/ODF-TC-Minutes-6July2015.txt

- 2015-08-03 - working call - pending

- 2015-08-17 - https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/office/download.php/56463/ODF-TC-Minutes-17-August-2015.txt

- 2015-08-31 - https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/office/download.php/56464/ODF-TC-Minutes-31-August-2015.txt

Change Jos' name to correction

- 2015-09-14 - pending

Minutes are approved.

5.  Progress on putting the specification documents in svn (I will have some comments about documents I will upload before the meeting)

Pending. This Weds.

6. ODF Maintenance Update (ODF 1.0, 1.1, 1.2, Errata etc.)

No report.

8. JIRA Issues for discussion:

Office-568

https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-568

Patrick: Office-568 Close as application level issue.

Office-566

https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-566

Open issue. Regina Henschel points out that heading numbering and using styles is not clear in 1.2 and should be improved.

Office-550

https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-550

Jos van den Oever: possible solution to this problem: http://conference.libreoffice.org/2015/the-program/talks/quality-assurance/#Unit%20Verification%20and%20Dimensional%20Analysis%20for%20error%20detection%20in%20LibreOffice%20Calc

Patrick: Could be implemented using RDF (Jos)

Jos van den Oever: One can also tie unit information to spreadsheet cells with RDF or a separate namespace in ODF 1.2 extended.

Jos van den Oever: Yes, potentially useful, but too large for 1.3

Jos van den Oever: Perhaps Andrzej Hunt wants to write a draft spec for it based on his work so far

Office-550 be set for ODF-Next [Note, now ODF-Later]

Office-535

https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-535

Office-534

https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-534

Patrick: Propose Office-535 and 534 be closed.

Office-535 and 534 will be closed.

Office-513

https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-513

Jos van den Oever: implementations can have their own custom function which do this

Jos van den Oever: agreed that there should be an implementation that does this external calling of a function from a spreadsheet first

Propose to close Office-513 in the absence of an implemenation with this function

Close Office-513 with the comment on the absence of an implementation with this function

Office-499

https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-499

Jos van den Oever: duplicate of office-550

Close as duplicate of Office-550

No objections - close as duplicate of Office-550

Office-498

https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-498

Jos van den Oever: DISTINCT could be implemented with 6.4.7Infix Operator "="

Propose set OFFICE-498 to ODF-Next

Set OFFICE-498 to ODF-Next [Now ODF-Later]

Office-497

https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-497

Propose ODF-Next

Set to ODF-Next [Now ODF-Later]

Office-452

https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-452

Propose ODF-Next

Set to ODF-Next [Now ODF-Later]

Office-439

https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-439

Set to close.

Office-426

https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-426

http://docs.oasis-open.org/office/v1.2/os/OpenDocument-v1.2-os-part1.html#element-style_page-layout-properties

http://docs.oasis-open.org/office/v1.2/os/OpenDocument-v1.2-os-part1.html#__RefHeading__1420170_253892949

Tom O`Reilly: Would vertical justification take into account other elements on the page?

Jos van den Oever: I think it should. It's quite tricky to implement i think.

Propose Office-426 for ODF-Next

set OFFICE-426 for ODF-Next [Now ODF-Later]

9. Target date for ODF 1.3 and its probable contents?

10. New comments on the comments list since last TC call
[none so far]

11.  Adjournment

Adjourn - 10:35 AM

*****chat log*****

Please change your name from 'anonymous' using the Settings button

anonymous morphed into Patrick

Patrick: Proposed Agenda:

[...]

Office-602 https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-602 - Unclear sentence in 2.5 of ODF 1.0

Propose: close Note: fixed in 1.2, possibly an errata for 1.0 but I would not bother.

Office-568 https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-568 - Change tracking issue

Propose: 1.3 Note: Related to change tracking. Wants tracking stored in separate file, external to the package? Punt to change tracking SC.

Office-566 https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-566 - Concerns and Wants Related to Text Sections in OD v 1.1+

Propose: 1.3 Note: The comment at: https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office-comment/200712/msg00005.html is complex and I haven't worked out what may be missing from our current definitions. Anyone else want to take a crack at it?

Office-550 https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-550 -   Re: [office-comment] Unit system tracking

Propose: close Note: Wheeler says there is no experience in spreadsheets with unit system tracking, suggest we not go there.

Office-535 https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-535 - Unclear sentence in 2.1.1 of ODF 1.0 [N0942#40]

Propose: close Note: Fixed in ODF 1.2

Office-534 https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-534 - Unclear sentence in 2.1.1 of ODF 1.0 [N0942#41]

Propose: close Note: Fixed in 1.2 see Office-2053

Office-513 https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-513 - Interface META-functions

Propose: close Note: Commenter says every spreadsheet lacks a function to send data to external application and import the results. Should we be the first? Implementers?

Office-499 https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-499 - Data Type Specification and Conversion like in FORTRESS

Propose: close Note: One of the spreadsheet experts needs to comment, don't we already have this in OpenFormula 4 Types?

Office-498 https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-498 - DISTINCT Values

Propose: close Note: Eike points out this is already possible in spreadsheets but not a pre-defined function (this is predefined in Xquery by the way)

Office-497 https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-498 - Very Weak String Support in ODF

Propose: 1.3? Note: Wheeler deferred because of lack of experience with requested functions. Implementers?

Office-452 https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-452 -  RFE: Colour space capability within OpenDocument

Propose: 1.3? Note: High end color features, including: 1. ability to specify colours in terms of CMY, CMYK;  2. ability to specify an RGB colour space (e.g., sRGB) for  conversion purposes;  3. ability to load images etc. in formats such as CMYK, and retain RGB conversions for future use (that is, for RGB display  purposes), since different applications will convert them  differently (or be unable to convert them);   4. support for ISO 15076 (ICC Color Profiles) - see, e.g., the work in CSS3: http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-iccprof;   5. some degree of support for Pantone(?)  Interest from implementers?

Office-439 https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-439 -  "page" in 15.3.4 Border Line Width of ODF 1.0 [N0942#89]

Propose: close Note: Fixed a long time ago.

Office-426 https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-439 - RFE: Vertical Justification

Propose: 1.3? Note: See 20.388 for one method of achieving this effect with no changes. Biggest problem is that ODF has no defined page geometry. That would be very useful but also a big ask. Doable, particularly if we borrowed the xsl:fo model.

Office- 353 https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-353 - Alternative Glyphs

Propose: 1.3? Note: Is this an issue? There is no generic Unicode font so every font you specify with styles is a choice of glyphs.

Regina Henschel comments:

*****

I have looked at issue OFFICE-353,
https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-353

I suggest to close it as duplicate of issue OFFICE-3414,
Public Comment: Proposal for adding Font Feature support to ODF
https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-3414

Issue 3414 has a detailed description of the problem in the document which is attached to the public comment.

https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office-comment/201008/pdf00000.pdf

https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/office/email/archives/201509/msg00012.html
*****

Office-298 https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-298 -  Seeks formal content model of ODF

Propose: 1.3 Note: Requests a formal data model (UML, etc.) - Would help with the change tracking but also a lot of work. Quite old, 2006.

Office-296 https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-296 -  Would like ODF to allow "semantic markup at smaller granularities than at the document level"

Propose: close Note: Updated to be a new feature and one that is satisfied by our current RDF support. Suggest close.

Office-286 https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-286 - Proposal to allow multiple markups within an ODF document

Propose: 1.3? Note: Embedding non-ODF markup/code for processing by non-ODF applications. Interest from implementers?

Office-260 https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-260 -  Broken link on PDF page 2

Propose: close Note: Close as we verify all links for drafts.

Office-228 https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-228 Font Embedding

Regina Henschel suggests:

*****

I have looked at issue OFFICE-228 "Public Comment: Font Embedding"
https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-228

Font embedding is already possible in ODF 1.2. LibreOffice has implemented it. It uses the element "svg:font-face-uri", child of "svg:font-face-src", child of "style:font-face". The font-file is stored in a folder "Fonts" in the package and as element "office:binary-data" in the flat format. As far as I see, nothing of that violates the standard.

There exists issue OFFICE-2600 "folder structure for scripts, media..."
https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-2600

I suggest to use that issue, if it is intended to standardize the structure for storing the font-files in the package.

My suggestion: Comment in issue OFFICE-228, that font embedding is already possible with ODF1.2 and that the structure will be discussed in OFFICE-2600. Then close the issue with resolution "no action".

https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/office/email/archives/201509/msg00011.html
*****

Propose comment and close as suggested by Regina.

Office-220 https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-220 - Annotating the RelaxNG schema of ODF

Propose: close? Note: The proposed annotation returns 404. Unless someone on the TC wants to annotate a separate version of the schema. Changed to new feature.

Office-212 https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-212 - Integrate "Intelligence Community Information Security Markings" with ODF?

Propose: 1.3? Note: 404 for link in email. Try: http://www.dni.gov/index.php/about/organization/chief-information-officer/information-security-marking-metadata Could this be adapted to our RDF metadata? Worth contacting the government to see if they will contribute work cycles.

9. Target date for ODF 1.3 and its probable contents?

10. New comments on the comments list since last TC call
[none so far]

11.  Adjournment

anonymous morphed into Jos van den Oever

Tom O`Reilly: Good Morning

Patrick: I'm here but someone is mowing right outside my open office door.

Jos van den Oever: hello everyone

Patrick: That is just the proposed agenda

Jos van den Oever: With all this text already in the chat i feared i was an hour late.

Tom O`Reilly:  Do you think the mowing will take long?

anonymous morphed into Thorsten Behrens

Thorsten Behrens: hi guys,

Thorsten Behrens: sorry for being late

Oliver-Rainer Wittmann: I agree to Patrick's proposal regarding OFFICE-602

Jos van den Oever: seems like my audio died, i agree with keeping 568 open for 1.3

Jos van den Oever: "I propose that the ODF address this issue by requiring that such history
data be stored in an external file rather than the original document by
default"

Patrick: Office-568 - Close, this is an application level issue.

Oliver-Rainer Wittmann: +1

Patrick: Close Office-568 as suggested.

Patrick: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-566

Regina Henschel: The comment about only allowing paragraphs is correct for Odf1.1, but it is solved already in ODF1.2.

Regina Henschel: The handling of heading numbering and of using styles is indeed not clear in the specification and has to be improved.

Patrick: Modify issue to contain Regina

Patrick: Regina's modification for 1.3

Patrick: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-550

Jos van den Oever: possible solution to this problem: http://conference.libreoffice.org/2015/the-program/talks/quality-assurance/#Unit%20Verification%20and%20Dimensional%20Analysis%20for%20error%20detection%20in%20LibreOffice%20Calc

Patrick: Could be implemented using RDF (Jos)

Jos van den Oever: One can also tie unit information to spreadsheet cells with RDF or a separate namespace in ODF 1.2 extended.

Jos van den Oever: Yes, potentially useful, but too large for 1.3

Patrick: Propose Office-550 be set for ODF-Next

Jos van den Oever: Perhaps Andrzej Hunt wants to write a draft spec for it based on his work so far

Patrick: Office-550 will be set for ODF-Next

Patrick: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-535

Patrick: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-534

Patrick: Propose Office-535 and 534 be closed.

Jos van den Oever: agreed

Oliver-Rainer Wittmann: +1

Patrick: Office-535 and 534 will be closed.

Patrick: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-513

Jos van den Oever: implementations can have their own custom function which do this

Jos van den Oever: agreed that there should be an implementation that does this external calling of a function from a spreadsheet first

Patrick: Propose to close Office-513 in the absence of an implemenation with this function

Tom O`Reilly: agreed

Patrick: Close Office-513 with the comment on the absence of an implementation with this function

Tom O`Reilly: the bird chirping sounds nice.

Patrick: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-499

Jos van den Oever: duplicate of office-550

Patrick: Close as duplicate of Office-550

Patrick: No objections - close as duplicate of Office-550

Patrick: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-498

Jos van den Oever: DISTINCT could be implemented with 6.4.7Infix Operator "="

Patrick: Propose set OFFICE-498 to ODF-Next

Patrick: Set OFFICE-498 to ODF-Next

Patrick: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-452

Patrick: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-497

Patrick: Propose ODF-Next

Patrick: Set to ODF-Next

Patrick: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-452

Patrick: Propose ODF-Next

Patrick: Set to ODF-Next

Patrick: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-439

Patrick: Set to close.

Jos van den Oever: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-426

Jos van den Oever: http://docs.oasis-open.org/office/v1.2/os/OpenDocument-v1.2-os-part1.html#element-style_page-layout-properties

Jos van den Oever: http://docs.oasis-open.org/office/v1.2/os/OpenDocument-v1.2-os-part1.html#__RefHeading__1420170_253892949

Tom O`Reilly: Would vertical justification take into account other elements on the page?

Jos van den Oever: I think it should. It's quite tricky to implement i think.

Patrick: Propose Office-426 for ODF-Next

Patrick: set OFFICE-426 for ODF-Next

Oliver-Rainer Wittmann: bye

Thorsten Behrens: bye guys!

Andras Timar: bye
ODF-TC-Minutes-12-October-2015

Open 9:30 AM

Roll Call 9:35 AM

1. Dial-In, Roll Call, Determination of Quorum and Voting Rights

+Thorsten Behrens

+Andreas Guelzow

+Regina Henschel

Peter Rakyta

+Michael Stahl

+Jos van den Oever

+Oliver-Rainer Wittmann

+Patrick Durusau

Names of voting members preceded by "+"

Voting members 7 out of 10 - 70%

70 percent quorum

2. Motion (simple majority): Approve the Agenda

approved.

3. Motion (simple majority): Approve the Minutes from former TC calls - Will post pending minutes for approval at 26 October 2015 meeting.

- 2015-08-03 - working call - pending

- 2015-09-14 - pending

- 2015-09-28 - pending

5.  Progress on putting the specification documents in svn

Update from Jos/Patrick -

Discussion of use of content.xml for each part as the file to be diffed. Will make management of the diffs easier than using application generated files.

If agreed by TC, how often should we produce application generated files for reading ease? (It doesn't matter to me. I can read XML about as easy as I read clear text. Quarterly?)

Jos reports we still have problems with the diffs.

Regina asks about including pictures.

Need to post examples to the list of the workflow.

Reading document quarterly - Regina

Jos - not an issue, should be scripting

Jos - Patrick - post examples to the email.

7. JIRA Issues for discussion:

Office-212

https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-212

Patrick: RDF has been implemented and should be promoted. -> recommend for this use case.

Office-286

https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-286

Patrick: Regina - use sections for embedding other formats

Regina Henschel: 10.4.8<drawlugin>

Close.

Office-228

https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-228

Jos van den Oever: we specify thumbnail location, but not image location: http://docs.oasis-open.org/office/v1.2/os/OpenDocument-v1.2-os-part3.html#__RefHeading__752823_826425813

Jos van den Oever: so standardizing font location is not high prio imo

Patrick: We don't say where to store font files, LibreOffice stores in the font folder.

Regina Henschel: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-2600

Close as duplicate of Office-2600

Office-298

https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-298

Patrick: Close due to lack of resources and the lack of any specified advantage from the model.

Patrick: Close, unless someone proposes a concrete patch to make the schema more navigable.

Close.

8. New comments on the comments list since last TC call
[none so far]

9.  Adjournment

October 26, 2015 - Next meeting -

adjourned 10:39

*********************************

Chat log:

anonymous morphed into Andreas Guelzow

anonymous morphed into Jos van den Oever

anonymous morphed into thorsten

thorsten morphed into Thorsten Behrens

Jos van den Oever: https://gitlab.com/odfplugfest/odfhistory/blob/master/odftc/odftc

Patrick: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-212

Patrick: RDF has been implemented and should be promoted. -> recommend for this use case.

Patrick: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-286

Patrick: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-228

Patrick: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-298

Regina Henschel: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-2600

Patrick: Close due to lack of resources and the lack of any specified advantage from the model.

Patrick: Close, unless someone proposes a concrete patch to make the schema more navigable.

Patrick: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-296

Oliver-Rainer Wittmann: not holidays, but when do we day-light-changing?

Oliver-Rainer Wittmann: bye

Oliver-Rainer Wittmann: daylight saving change will take place on Oct, 25th - at least in Germany

Oliver-Rainer Wittmann: proposal regarding daylight saving changes: (as in the last years) keep the US local time constant

Jos van den Oever: so for europeans: take note of the time changes for the next meeting

Patrick: Oliver, sorry, I wasn't watching the chat! Will post to the email list. Thanks for noticing!
ODF-TC-Minutes-26-October-2015

1. Dial-In, Roll Call, Determination of Quorum and Voting Rights

Quorum

+Regina Henschel

+Thomas O'Reilly

+Michael Stahl

+Andras Timar

+Patrick Durusau

+Jos van den Oever

Names of voting members preceded by "+"

Voting members 6 out of 10 - 60%

62 percent quorum

2. Motion (simple majority): Approve the Agenda

Approved, unanimous consent.

3. Motion (simple majority): Approve the Minutes from former TC calls -

- 2015-08-03 - working call - pending

- 2015-09-14 - pending

- 2015-09-28 - pending

- 2015-10-12 - pending

deferred -

4. Daylight Savings Time adjustments

No problems.

5. Holidays for November and December

No problem this year.

6. Changes to work flow

ODF-Next - question is ODF-Later or ODF 1.3

Defer issues that are ODF-Later

Defer issues if no one is working on it.

If working on it, changes from Deferred to Open.

Patrick to change JIRA on previous issues.

And - add the ODF-Later target.

Deferred until someone implements it. -

Jos van den Oever: http://planet.opendocumentformat.org/

Jos van den Oever: http://www.opendocumentformat.org/

Show roadmap at one of these sites.

7.  Progress on putting the specification documents in svn

Update from Jos

About to work on 1.3 plus resolved issues - will talk to Patrick

Regina, folder structure a bit confusing - release to 1.2-release

8. JIRA Issues for discussion:

Continued from October 12, 2015.

Office-638/659

https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-638

https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-659

Contact Andreas about a proposal, choice of office-638 or office-659, close one of them and open the other, if he agrees, defer if not

Action item: Patrick to contact Andreas about Office-638 and Office-659

Office-645

https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-645

Patrick: Office-645 - Later - Defer

Office-674

https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-674

Patrick:  Assign to Patrick - Open -

9. New comments on the comments list since last TC call
[none so far]

10.  Adjournment

Next meeting November 9, 2015
ODF-TC-Minutes-09-November-2015

1. Dial-In, Roll Call, Determination of Quorum and Voting Rights

9:00 AM

9:05 roll-call

Quorum

+Thorsten Behrens

+Andreas Guelzow

+Regina Henschel

Darrin House

Svante Schubert

+Michael Stahl

+Andras Timar

+Patrick Durusau

Names of voting members preceded by "+"

Voting members 6 out of 9 - 66%

62 percent quorum

2. Motion (simple majority):

Approved, unanimous consent.

3. Pending prior minutes:

3. Motion (simple majority): Approve the Minutes from former TC calls -

- 2015-08-03 - working call - pending

- 2015-09-14 - pending

- 2015-09-28 - pending

- 2015-10-12 - pending

- 2015-10-26 - pending

No action.

4. Help with 2015-10-26 minutes - Patrick lost his chat log, request for a copy held by other members.

(Post-meeting Regina forwarded her copy of the chat log from 2015-10-26)

5. Outstanding JIRA Issues (in issue order):

(A note on the syntax for disposing of issues. Where a block ends with Patrick: followed by an issue disposition, the question was put to the attending TC members and the action listed was by unanimous consent. I have included links to the issues so my entry of the dispositions can be tracked.)

https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-638,
https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-657,
https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-659

Michael Stahl: what i remember is that in the cluster OFFICE-638, OFFICE-657, OFFICE-659, we wanted to ask Andreas about which issue to resolve as duplicate of which issue

Andreas Guelzow will review this cluster of issues and advise on which one should remain open and he will be assigned the open issue.
*****

https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-645 - Regina - put to ODF-Later, if someone implements it we would support it.
Patrick: ODF-Later
*****

https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-688 Regina - close - if someone wants to look for alternatives, can re-open the issue
Patrick: Close - Office-688

*****

https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-730 Regina - suggests close - can implement in a namespace if someone wants it
Patrick: Close - Office-730

*****

https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-734 Andreas Guelzow - confuses application feature with ODF function
Patrick: Close - Office-734

*****

https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-737 Patrick - incompatible attribute name change from 1.2
Patrick: Close Office-737

*****

https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-737 Regina - close office - 740
Patrick: Close - office - 740

*****

https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-742
Patrick: Close Office-742

*****

https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-747 Andreas - would be a compatibility issue, everything would start breaking
Patrick: Close office-747

*****

https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-752
Patrick: Office-752 is dup of Office-734
Patrick: Close Office-752

*****

https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-758
Patrick: Office-758 set to ODF-LATER

*****

https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-765 Regina Henschel: close as duplicate of 742
Patrick: Office-765 is dup of Office-742 and close
Patrick: Close Office-765

*****

https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-779 Regina: I don't see a use case, and I'm not sure whether the "fo"-namespace would be correct.
Patrick: Andreas suggests ODF-Later
Patrick: Move Office-779 to ODF-Later

*****

We stopped processing issues at this point due to numerous dial-in issues.

Better dial-in services would be appreciated.

Last issue outstanding from today's list:

https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-898

6. New comments on the comments list since last TC call
[none so far]

7. Next meeting: 2015-11-23 at 14:30 UTC.

8.  Adjournment - 15:28 UTC by unanimous consent.