Subject: chat log - 30 Jan 2017

Greetings!

The ODF chat log from 30 Jan 2017:

anonymous morphed into Thorsten
Thorsten: urk
Regina Henschel: What's that noise?
Patrick: err, please mute?
Thorsten: echo loop
Patrick: *6
Thorsten: not on my side
Thorsten redials
Thorsten: ahh
Thorsten: much better
Patrick: 6 of 9 quorum
Patrick: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-2093
Patrick: assigned to Michael Stahl
Patrick: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-2094
Patrick: Thorsten has this one.
Patrick: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-2102
Patrick: https://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml/#charsets
Patrick: Regina says input fields should exclude carriage return and
line feed - but we would have to define that.
Patrick: should we say, XML characters EXCEPT - carriage return and line
feed - then define behavior if they or other characters are present?
Patrick: Michael says already replaced by one white space so need not
define for input form
Patrick: in section 6.1.2
Patrick: Applications like OpenOffice.org, StarOffice and Workplace
write out input fields like:
<text:text-input text:description="Text1">ABC
DEF</text:text-input>
We should clarify whether normalization holds here; e.g. whether this is
equivalent to
<text:text-input text:description="Text1">ABCDEF</text:text-input>
or not.
Patrick: Regina points out you can enter < or > in an input field - or
do we assume they are automatically escaped?
Patrick: <!--
Patrick: characters in the XML spec, which is broader than character data
Patrick: Char   ::=   #x9 | #xA | #xD | [#x20-#xD7FF] | [#xE000-#xFFFD]
| [#x10000-#x10FFFF]
Patrick: require <, >, & to be escaped
Patrick: Section 6.1.2 and 2.4 Character Data and Markup in the XML
standard - does that implicitly define the allowable character data for
input forms?
Patrick: Regina - add reference to whitespace handling rules -
Patrick: Patrick to draft some language to that effect for the TC
Patrick: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-2103
Patrick: Patrick to write clarification of language for the TC
Patrick: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-2104
Patrick: Move Office-2104 to ODF-Later
Patrick: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-2105
Patrick: assign to Patrick - per Regina, is this an issue about how we
talk about folders? (Patrick, yes and how we name other artifacts)

I hope everyone is at the start of a great week!

patrick@durusau.net
Technical Advisory Board, OASIS (TAB)

Homepage: http://www.durusau.net
Twitter: patrickDurusau