Subject: Chat log from ODF Teleconference 12 March 2018

Greetings!

The chat log from the ODF Teleconference, 12 March 2018 is below.

Hope everyone is at the start of a great week!

Patrick

*************

Patrick: Andras, are you on the call?
Andras Timar 2: Yes, I'm on the call
Patrick: Quorum!
Patrick: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-3947 Wrong normative reference for attribute 20.349 style:shadow

a. https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-3845 Unclear if tabulator positions are being inherited among styles

b. https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-3846 Use @text:relative-tab-stop-position as well for style:tabs-stops instead of using settings.xml flag

c. https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-3838 ODF 1.2-1 section 9.1.8 <table:table-rows> Description Not Meaningful

d. https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-3946 Typo in 19.855 text:relative-tab-stop-position: "ident"

e. https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-3789 Proposal: special header/footer style on first page (at Thorsten's request)
Patrick: Open issue - Regina to contact CSS working group to inquire about status of  https://www.w3.org/TR/2017/CR-css-backgrounds-3-20171017/
Patrick: Consensus on proposal - resolved
Patrick: Don't use margin but use <styleage-layout-properties> attribute fo:margin-left -
Patrick: Regina will post illustrations of how we need to fix page layout descriptions with a common wording
Patrick: not clear what distances are meant - when we agree on terms , then we can use it in the specification - paragraph content, for example
Patrick: defer Office-3846 - until terminology if fixed - use attribute names directly -
Patrick: That also makes office-3946 null.
Patrick: 3846 -> 3946
Michael Stahl: document with table-rows element (in chart): https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/attachment.cgi?id=118083
Patrick: Proposal looks acceptable but then how to indicate, in markup, that header rows repeat on every page?
Patrick: Andreas - spreadsheets use a different mechanism - have frozen rows - act like headers -
Patrick: Accept the proposal and resolve as proposed.
Patrick: Take up next week with Office-3789
-- Patrick Durusau patrick@durusau.net Technical Advisory Board, OASIS (TAB) Editor, OpenDocument Format TC (OASIS), Project Editor ISO/IEC 26300 Co-Editor, ISO/IEC 13250-1, 13250-5 (Topic Maps) Another Word For It (blog): http://tm.durusau.net Homepage: http://www.durusau.net Twitter: patrickDurusau