Subject: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-3765

Greetings!

Without reference to syntax, just to make sure I understand the issue:

[grid border left]  $1  (cell  $2  content)  $3  [grid border right]

All tables? text and spreadsheet?

$1 - character repeated between grid border left and first character of
cell content

$2 - character repeated between user defined portions of cell content
(but only once?)

$3 - character repeated between last character of cell content (left to
right) and grid border left

Requires definition of:

Repeated character, # of repetitions (unless auto, which would need to
be defined)

More than one character? (Excel does not)

What if # of repetitions conflicts with size of the grid? Does it then
default to auto?

Are there any use cases for $1 and $3? How far can we get by defining
just $2?

Thoughts?

Alternatives?

Hope everyone is at the start of a great week!

patrick@durusau.net
Technical Advisory Board, OASIS (TAB)

Homepage: http://www.durusau.net
Twitter: patrickDurusau