Subject: ODF TC Teleconference Agenda for September 10, 2018

Greetings!

Below you find a draft agenda for our TC call on Monday, 2018-08-20

The call counts towards voter eligibility.

Teleconference Numbers

Canada - (use US number)

Denmark - +45 78 77 25 34

Germany - +49 30 255550324

Hungary - +36 1 987 6874

The Netherlands - +31 6 35205016

USA - +1 641-715-3580

Access code (for all numbers): 438-387

Chat room for meeting is at: http://webconf.soaphub.org/conf/room/odf

Please send comments to the mailing list.

Agenda
------

1. Dial-In, Roll Call, Determination of Quorum and Voting Rights

2. Motion (simple majority): Approve the Agenda

3. Motion (simple majority): Notice of minutes from prior TC calls - pending

4. Meeting time for 10 September 2018: https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?year=2018&month=9&day=10&hour=16&min=0&sec=0&p1=25&p2=37

5. Issues for 10 September 2018:

a. Errata for ODF 1.2? Francis Cave has asked about the TC's plans to issue errata for ODF 1.2? While we are progressing issues for ODF 1.4 and issues that arise in the editing of ODF 1.3 for a committee specification, what is the TC's pleasure? (Thinking almost all of the errata are answered for ODF 1.3 so preparation of errata documents would not be a great burden. Will try to have stats by meeting time.)

b. Francis Cave raised a question about Part 3, working draft 10, which has this language for 5.5.1:

*****
	Change Tracking is a complex feature and the TC
acknowledges that there are improvements that can be made the
Advanced Document Collaboration subcommittee is working on exactly
that for ODF 1.3. However, we believe it would not be entirely
accurate or useful to implementors of the standard to add a blanket
implementation-dependent caveat to the whole of section 5.5. The TC
will investigate specific interoperability issues within the section
if further information can be provided.
*****

Not really standards language is it?

My suggestion:

"The under specification of change tracking in ODF 1.2 resulted in varying implementations of this feature. Where interoperability of new implementations is a required feature, implementation of this feature should be against existing practices of targeted implementations."

Doesn't take sides for any particular implementation but does warn implementers that "here be dragons."

c. Francis Cave also raised a possible issue with the date and time functions in part 4, 6.10 Date and Time Functions

Our discussion started on 6.10.5 DAY, where the summary reads: "Returns the date from a date." and the Semantics reads: "Returns the day portion of a date."

We do have a DATE function, Summary: Constructs a date from year, month, and day of the month." which goes on to define the syntax, but the definition of DAY, does not refer to this function.

Question: Should this be a reference to "Date" in 4.3.3, but then should 4.3.3 define year, month and day "portions?" I think the present text assumes year-month-day but it doesn't explicitly say that.

d. https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-3997 Be more precise about differences to XSL_FO for attribute fo:line-height

See Regina's latest email on this issue:  https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/office/email/archives/201809/msg00002.html

6. Next meeting: 17 September 2018

7.  Adjournment

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

patrick@durusau.net
Technical Advisory Board, OASIS (TAB)

Homepage: http://www.durusau.net
Twitter: patrickDurusau