Subject: ODF TC teleconference chat log - 24 Sept 2018

Greetings!

The chat log from the ODF Teleconference 24-Sept-2018 is below.

Hope everyone is at the start of a great week!

Patrick

Please change your name from 'anonymous' using the Settings button
anonymous morphed into Patrick
Patrick: Rich McLain also present
Patrick: 5. Issues for 24 September 2018:

a. Office-3903 https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-3903 Text 6.18.30 FTEST, ODF1.2 part 2 needs improvement

- Andreas has posted corrections here: https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/office/email/archives/201809/msg00012.html

- Michael has posted a comment in Jira:

*****

By the way, since the topic of OOo/LibreOffice implementation bugs came up, Eike points out that there has been a bugfix in 2016 in the FTEST implementation, so perhaps it's worth trying again if there are still bugs in there (wrt. the mathematical definition of FTEST).

https://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=5c401d8a93cdf7dfa450604856680a2154366fcf
*****

b. While searching for ODF 1.2 errata issues, I discovered these open ODF 1.2 issues, which we should dispose of as part of our errata process:

https://issues.oasis-open.org/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20OFFICE%20AND%20status%20%3D%20Open%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%20%22ODF%201.2%20Errata%2001%22%20ORDER%20BY%20status%20ASC

We will start with: Office-3754 table:display https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-3754

c. Office-3855 - production errors in "Declared XML namespaces" - https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-3855 (Patrick to contact Chet)

Chet responded:

*****

In the email archives, I found http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/201404/msg00012.html where Rob Weir told Michael S. that the TC decision was that if content negotiation wasn't supported on the OASIS server, then resolution to the descriptive namespace page was fine. The link resolves to that page today.

I think your question is about Robin's suggestion that we'd make content negotiation happen. To the best of my knowledge, nothing ever came of that. I believe the subject came up again in exchanges with the OSLC TC and Robin concluded that it was not technically feasible with our level of IT support.
*****

I think that resolves most of the questions but what about the space in:

*****
Proposed: remove extraneous space between "data" and "style" in "urn:oasis:names:tc:opendocument:xmlns:data style:1.0"
*****

I ask because I don't think anyone resolves that locator and if the space has been hard coded by applications, removing it now would break those same applications. Yes?
Patrick: Office-3903 -
Patrick: objects are meant to be deleted in the amended proposal.
Patrick: Regina agrees.
Patrick: Amended proposal approved by consent
Patrick: <table:table-row-group> and <table:table-column-group> have it for regular table
Regina Henschel: For <table:table-column-group> 9.1.10 and <table:table-row-group> 9.1.9 elements the default value for this attribute is true.  --> For <table:data-pilot-member>, <table:table-column-group> 9.1.10 and <table:table-row-group> 9.1.9 elements the default value for this attribute is true.
Regina Henschel: For <table:table-column-group> 9.1.10 and <table:table-row-group> 9.1.9 elements the default value for this attribute is true.  --> For <table:data-pilot-member> 9.6.12, <table:table-column-group> 9.1.10 and <table:table-row-group> 9.1.9 elements the default value for this attribute is true.
Patrick: Any objections to Regina's proposal?
Patrick: The table:display attribute specifies whether a table is displayed.
Patrick: The table:display attribute specifies whether a component of a table is displayed.
Patrick: text that table is displayed or not cannot be correct.
Patrick: Can turn components on or off but not the table per se. The proposal in Jira is correct.
Patrick: Approved by consent -
Patrick: Remove the errant space
Patrick: Approved by consent
Patrick: Q: Michael - can we remove SHA1 in errata? but we could put a note saying it is insecure in errata
Patrick: Can change for ODF 1.3 but open question on ODF 1.2 errata -
Patrick: approve for ODF 1.3 and clone as separate issue for errata on ODF 1.2 errata.
Patrick: Put a note into the errata about the SHA1 issues
Patrick: Approved by consent
Patrick: Check the HTML version of ODF 1.2 and fix if still present. Patrick
Patrick: Close office-3717 by consent

patrick@durusau.net
Technical Advisory Board, OASIS (TAB)

Homepage: http://www.durusau.net