oic message

Subject: interoperability and non-latin scripts

Dear Mingfei,

First of all thanks for joining the call. These conference calls are
very late in the evening in your time zone, so it's really appreciated
that you are willing to do this.

One thing I have to keep remind myself is that most people on our
beloved planet are in fact using non-Latin based scripts (like Hanzi,
Devanagari, Arabic, Hebrew, Thai...)

Could you perhaps tell us if there are interoperability issues in Asia
that often go unnoticed in Europe/USA ? (Maybe Aslam could tell us
something about South-Africa, I have no clue on what scripts are used by
the different languages in Africa)

Like applications not supporting different writing directions, issues
with calendar formats,  or perhaps features not implemented in ODF at
the moment (so that applications have to work around it by using special
attributes) ?

Thanks

Best regards,

Bart Hanssens