oic message

Subject: RE: [oic] xml element/attribute coverage/analysis

Rob,

> It is possible that a particular element is used only once per
document,
> but is used in every ODF document.  If so it is important, since
everyone
> will need to understand it.

True: dc:date for instance...

> In other cases, a particular element will be
> repeated a thousand times when it is used, but is used only in rare
> documents.  So there are two different kinds of "popularity" here.

Yes, probably some kind of statistical analysis is required

> Also, does anyone have a large collection of ODF documents that could
be
> tested in this way?  I suppose, even if you had such documents
> internally,you could use the python script to do the study and just
upload
> the results.  This is easier than uploading the documents themselves.

Mm, a few dozens perhaps, so not that big of a collection, although I
could collect more of them...

Technically, one could just crawl the Net using a search engine. Google
now shows 120.000 hits for filetype:odt, for example, but I'm not sure
how this works out legally (some websites don't even want you to link to
them...)
It should be OK I guess, but I'm not a lawyer...

But it would indeed be easier than uploading the documents: that way you
won't have to worry way less about uploading sensitive documents.

Best regards,

Bart