oic message

Subject: OIC TC 2010-02-10 Meeting Minutes

OIC TC 2010-02-10 COORDINATION CALL

Date:  Wednesday 10 February 2010
Time:  14:30 - 15:30 UT

1. LOGISTICS
   ---------

The chat room: http://webconf.soaphub.org/conf/room/oic (doesn't count as attendance)

The call-in numbers: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/oic/200903/msg00017.html
Meeting agendas also provide the pass codes and the call-in numbers:
<http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/oic/201002/msg00002.html>

The action items (log-in required):
  http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/oic/members/action_items.php

1.1 ROLL CALL AND QUORUM CHECK
The quorum consisted of 10 of the 12 Voting Members (7/12 required).

    MEMBERS IN ATTENDANCE

    * Bart Hanssens, Fedict (Chair)
    * Donald Harbison, IBM
    * Mingfei Jia, IBM
    * Robert Weir, IBM
    * Andreas Guelzow, Individual
    * Dennis Hamilton, Individual (Secretary)
    * Hideki Hiura, Just Systems
    * Andrew Rist, Oracle
    * Bernd Eilers, Sun Microsystems
    = Svante Schubert, Sun Microsystems
    * Louis Suarez-Potts, Sun Microsystems

      [* = Voting Member at start of meeting (10)
       + = becoming Voting Member at conclusion of meeting (0)
       = = Persistent Non-Voting Member (1)]

    MEMBERS ABSENT

      Charles Schulz, Ars Aperta
      Xiaohong Dong, Beijing Redflag Chinese 2000 Software
      Shuran Hua, Beijing Redflag Chinese 2000 Software
      Alex Wang, Beijing Sursen International
      Jeremy Allison, Google Inc.
      Peter Junge, Individual
      Thorsten Zachmann, Individual
      Cherie Ekholm, Microsoft
      Doug Mahugh, Microsoft
      Eric Patterson, Microsoft
    * Alan Clark, Novell
      Tom Rabon, Red Hat
    = Michael Brauer, Sun Microsystems
    * Daniel Rentz, Sun Microsystems
      Jerry Smith, US Department of Defense

      [* = Voting Member at start and end of meeting (2)
       - = Voting Member becoming non-voting Member at end of meeting (0)
       = = Persistent Non-Voting Member (1)]

1.2 ACCEPTANCE OF PREVIOUS MEETING MINUTES

Minutes for the 2010-01-27 Meeting
<http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/oic/201002/msg00001.html>: Approved without objection.

1.3 ACCEPTANCE OF TODAY'S AGENDA.
   <http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/oic/201002/msg00002.html>
   The agenda was accepted without objection.

2. STATUS OF ACTION ITEMS

#0015 Template Scenarios.  Reported still on hold.

#0026-0027.  No report.

#0033 Best Practices for Document Authors.  Rob reported this is still in progress.  It is necessary to turn what is on the wiki into a document.  Rob also reported that the OASIS Committee Notes proposal does not seem to have been approved by the OASIS Board and that a committee is set up to work through it.  We can continue to use the current approach for non-standards-track documents and change the format as appropriate whenever a Committee Note template is established.

#0034 Interop Demo Videos.  In process.

3. STATE OF INTEROPERABILITY REPORT

CD03 came back needing repairs before it could go to Public Review.  It was decided to fix some additional issues since a new document needed to be prepared anyhow.  We created an instant CD03 wd02 during the call and voted (6 ayes + chair) to approve CD03 wd02 as CD04 with appropriate production updates and to submit it for Public Review.

4. ODF 1.1 INTEROP PROFILE

The e-ballot passed and the draft will be updated as CD02 and submitted to Public Review.

There are a few open issues on the OIC JIRA, and more can be collected.

5. ROUNDTABLE

5.1 Feedback from FOSDEM 2010.
   Bart gave a presentation that had 20 very-interested participants with good questions.
   Svante said there was talk about aligning on a common API for ODFDOM and for a library that is being developed separately.  Svante thinks OIC test guidance for ODF Packages would encourage the project sponsors getting to a common API and proper implementations underneath.
   Louis reported that there is also wide interest in implementing ODF and also interest in governments with regard to adoption.  Louis sees that plugfests are more important than ever.

5.2 Future Plugfest Events
   Bart anticipates one European plugfest in 1H2010, with maybe two in 2H2010.

5.3 Status of ODF 1.2
   Rob gave a brief update on where we are in ODF 1.2

6. FUTURE MEETING PLANNING

6.1 New Business

Because we will have two 60-day Public Reviews running between now and mid-April, we might want to look at other work for the next 4-5 meetings.
   One topic would be packaging, with encryption, signatures, the "/" and the URI, manifest:full-path, Zip specification confusion [and perhaps manifest.rdf too -- dh:].  We wondered what would be test documents for cases around packaging.  Svante recommends starting at the Zip level and see what applications might or might not be doing with Zip.  This leaves open how we construct documents even for Zip testing.
   Bart suggested that we might want to try using Test Assertions Guidelines (TAG) with anything we come up with for ODF 1.2 Package tests.  Dennis reported that the three TAG TC documents are being approved for Public Review by a ballot that ends 2010-02-12.  We should be able to use the Public Review documents as a way to apply Test Assertions and also to provide any Public Review comments.

6.2 Current Schedule

The next meeting is 2010-02-24.

Respectfully submitted,

 Dennis E. Hamilton