oic message

Subject: OIC TC 2011-06-01 Meeting Minutes

OIC COORDINATION CALL

Date:  Wednesday 1 June 2011

Time:  13:30 - 14:30 UT

1. LOGISTICS

   ---------

The chat room: <http://webconf.soaphub.org/conf/room/oic>

(doesn't count for attendance)

The call-in numbers:

 <https://www.teleconference.att.com/servlet/glbAccess?process=1&accessCode=84367726&accessNumber=2158616239>

Meeting agendas also provide the pass codes and the commonly-used call-in numbers:

<http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/oic/201105/msg00013.html>

The action items (log-in required):

<http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/oic/members/action_items.php>

1.1 ROLL CALL AND QUORUM CHECK

5 of 9 Voting Members were present and the 5 of 9 quorum requirement was satisfied.

    MEMBERS IN ATTENDANCE

    * Bart Hanssens, Fedict (Chair)

    * Robert Weir, IBM

    * Andreas Guelzow, Individual

    * Dennis Hamilton, Individual (Secretary)

    * Cherie Ekholm, Microsoft

      [* = Voting Member at start of meeting (5)

       + = becoming Voting Member at conclusion of meeting (0)

       = = Persistent Non-Voting Member (0)]

    MEMBERS ABSENT

      Charles Schulz, Ars Aperta

      Alex Wang, Beijing Sursen International

      Jeremy Allison, Google Inc.

    - Don Harbison, IBM

    * Mingfei Jia, IBM

      Peter Junge, Individual

    * Louis Suarez-Potts, Individual

      Doug Mahugh, Microsoft

      Eric Patterson, Microsoft

      Kazmer Koleszar, MultiRacio

      Alan Clark, Novell

    = Michael Brauer, Oracle Corporation

      Bernd Eilers, Oracle Corporation

      Daniel Rentz, Oracle Corporation

    * Andrew Rist, Oracle Corporation

    = Svante Schubert, Oracle Corporation

      Tom Rabon, Red Hat

      Jerry Smith, US Department of Defense

      [* = Voting Member at start and end of meeting (3)

       - = Voting Member becoming non-voting Member at end of meeting (1)

       = = Persistent Non-Voting Member (2)]

1.2 PREVIOUS MEETING MINUTES

Minutes for the 2011-05-18 Meeting, approved without objection:

   <http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/oic/201105/msg00012.html>

1.3 TODAY'S AGENDA, approved without objection:

   <http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/oic/201105/msg00013.html>

2. STATUS OF ACTION ITEMS

  #0015 Template Scenarios.  No progress.

  #0041 Battery of ODF 1.2 Assessment Documents.  No progress.

3. DELIVERABLES

3.1 ODF 1.2 Test Documents

  It was observed that when we have a clear idea of the next Plugfest we will probably roll up our sleeves.

  Dennis Hamilton said that there might be something coming up as a result of some document forensics work he has done, although moving from discovered problems to creating something further takes more effort.

  Bart has been checking some variations of signatures.  The next ODF Toolkit release is for digital signatures, so that will give us more to check against.  Rob wondered if the Java libraries are sufficient for the XaDES extensions to ODF Digital Signature.

  It was also observed that there might be something coming out of the most-recent package work for OOXML and ODF that is intended to provide a common library.

  We also wondered about the availability and status of accessibility checkers.  Rob mentioned a contest that IBM sponsored with regard to accessibility, with results on SourceForge.  We have not seen a specification of test cases regarding accessibility.

  Going beyond what we can do on the OIC, we should probably make an effort to recruit Caligra, Nokia, and folks looking into accessibility.

 Andreas has no test cases from Gnumeric.  There is a new version available and Dennis was curious what the prerequisites were for installing it.

  We mused about having lots of ideas and no cycles to invest.

3.2 Best Practices of Authors.

Rob's proposed next iteration is not uploaded yet.  Rob is getting back into that.

4. ROUND TABLE

4.1 Rob mentioned that there was some sort of announcement coming today that should be good for ODF.  [We later learned that it was the news of Oracle's contribution of OpenOffice.org to Apache and it being considered for an Apache Incubator project.]

4.2 Rob also reported on ODF 1.2 being in the hands of the TC Administrator and the next step should be an imminent announcement of Public Review as a Candidate Standard.  With regard to ODF 1.3, change-tracking is the current focus and we are going to attempt to identify show stoppers in the two directions that have been proposed.

4.3 There is no more news on the possible ODFcon this year.  This would have to dance around the LibreOffice conference and the Plugfest in the Netherlands.

4.4 Bart is working on figuring out when there will be the next Plugfest -- there is no news about Berlin and the time is becoming too short for notice and preparation.  Bart is thinking about working on signing of ODF documents again.

5. FUTURE MEETING PLANNING

The next call is in two weeks, on 2011-06-15.

Respectfully submitted,

  Dennis E. Hamilton, OIC TC Secretary