oic message

Subject: State of Interop Report - Allied Efforts

Here is a just-published document on Interoperability in a different domain:
<http://www.coar-repositories.org/working-groups/repository-interoperability/coar-interoperability-project/the-current-state-of-open-access-repository-interoperability-2012/>

(Too long? Try <http://t.co/RNYN4E8X>.)

I like the beginning of the document.  The original OIC State of Interop has similar structure.

The second factor that is interesting is the identification of aspects of interoperability and initiatives in those areas.

In this particular domain, there are efforts to federate disparate activities and also to understand how they are focused on different aspects.

I'm not clear how that works for the case of interoperable implementations of ODF.  It is something to think about.

 - Dennis