oic message

Subject: absent members

Hi Louis,

I see your point, but they are still listed as Member, so that's why they are listed in the Minutes.
If someone really has no intention to participate, he/she can change the status into Observer,
Persistent Non-voting Member, or voluntarily leave the TC altogether.

Then again, I'm also listed as a Member of several TC's myself without participating in the conf calls.
The reason is that while I'm interested in the work of the TC, I simply don't have the time to participate,
although from time to time I'd like to send a comment to the list.
I could do the same thing as Observer + send the comments to the separate comment list,
but it's easier this way (or I'm just being lazy :-)

Perhaps it would be useful if the Chairs would send a gentle nudge once a year to non-active Members
(automating it would of course be better, but that would mean some tooling as "grep"-ing on the list +
"select" from database of conf calls attendees)
But that may no be in the OASIS spirit of low-barriers / openness, just my 2 cents.

Best regards

Bart
From: Louis Suárez-Potts [luispo@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, March 22, 2013 1:31 PM
To: Hanssens Bart
Cc: oic@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: Re: [oic] OIC TC 2012-03-20 Meeting Minutes

Bart
In looking at the list of members absent—a long list—I'm just wondering even if some of those want to continue with the TC —or are even still with their named employer. For instance…. does Nokia really now want a member here? And does not Chris Rae replace Cherie (who moved on to other subjects), as well as replacing Doug M and Eric P? I mean, we have three MSFT reps listed. That's great—but I think that Chris is the Man from MSFT, yes? :-)

I realize that having names listed but not actually showing up provides for those occasions when it is in fact deemed useful to be present, and so correcting the list is a little beside the point, in fact, misses the point. But I also think that it might be useful (or at least less boring) to ask the members listed periodically how much they want still to participate.

I guess some of this might require a change in Oasis protocol, and there is no urgent need of that, at least not yet :-).

thanks
louis