Subject: Interop with other standards

Sander Marechal <sander.marechal@tribal-im.com> wrote on 06/16/2008 12:11:25 PM:

> If I missed the part where conversion between ODF and other
> standards/formats also became part of the future OIIC, please point out
> the thread/message. I haven't read it.

I mentioned it on the list a while back, thought it has not received much discussion.

The general topic was interop with other standards.  This does not need to be limited to conversion, but could include containment, interleaving, or other relations.  These could be defined in a profile specification.

On the conversion side, you could specify a canonical mapping of elements from one markup to another.  Implementors of the specification would achieve predictable and repeatable conversions.

I get a lot of requests asking how to use standard X with ODF.  For cases where there are a number of people interested in the income, we could work with them to define a profile.

-Rob