Subject: Re: [oiic-formation-discuss] The importance to users of documents looking the same

----- Original Message ----
From: marbux <marbux@gmail.com>

> I've already explained how CDRF can be implemented to maintain
> parallel branches of profiles that satisfy both the pixel perfect
> crowd and the business process crowd.with round-tripping ability
> between the parallel profiles.

All due respect Paul, but you haven't. You've made exaggerated claims and hand-waved over CDRF; you've studiously avoided answering questions about technical issues and mail threads where those technical deficiencies have been exposed.

CDRF is a 20-page W3C specification, of which there is perhaps 10 pages of "real content". Your whole argument appears to rest on a single bullet point of conformance criteria, which you have misconstrued in any event. To suggest that ODFs "interop problems" can be solved by adopting those conformance criteria is naive, in the extreme, and fundamentally misses so many problems it's just not even funny.

In this precise case, to suggest CDRF could possibly aid pixel-perfect ODF interop is hilarious.

Thanks.

Simon.

Sent from Yahoo! Mail.