Subject: Re: [oiic-formation-discuss] Can we turn on list moderation now?

Alexander Wright wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm an interested lurker.
>
> On Sunday 29 June 2008 08:55:02 Shawn wrote:
>>   Anyone here to seriously work and/or contribute is welcome.  Anyone
>> here to cause disruptions is not.
>
> I hope observers are also welcome! i.e. I'd not like a closed list.

If I understand it correctly, that would be a list that everyone can
read (so, not a closed list), and everyone can post to, but the message
would be allowed on to the list only after a moderator reviews it and
finds  it useful for the purpose of the list.

I've been subscribed on such a list (Bugtraq) for years, and it works
like a charm. It weeds out off-topic messages, while retaining quite
open ground for various opinions and discussions.

As the time is running short, that decision would be preferable to
having sort of anarchy here. So, +1.