Subject: Re: [oiic-formation-discuss] Draft Interoperability and Conformance TC formation proposal (0.2)

2008/7/26  <robert_weir@us.ibm.com>:

> Probably worth being explicit about what we mean by "doing tests".  One
> way in which it could be done would comprise at least the following steps:

We again? Oasis? IBM? Not sure whose definition of testing you're using

I really do wonder where these definitions come from. Provision?

The action of providing; seeing to things beforehand;
preparing, or arranging in advance; the fact or condition of being prepared
or made ready beforehand.

What the heck has that to do with testing.

<snip/>

> 4) The creation of ODF instance documents which correspond to each of the
> test assertions, along with an image or descriptive text that would tell
> how that document should render in a conformant ODF applications. So, we
> would have an ODF test document which has the legal value of 3, and
> another ODF document with the illegal value of 6.  Each document would
> have a file name corresponding to its test assertion ID.

Which is likely to cover around 55% of the standard.
The rest?

> 5) The creation of a document which enumerates all of the test assertions,
> categorized functionally, along with a statement of what preconditions are
> necessary to perform each test, what the expected results are, which test
> files are needed for each test, and how the results are to be reported.

Is this the program you said we shouldn't write? The 'glue'?

I think your understanding of testing is quite deeply flawed Rob.