openc2-actuator message

Subject: Firewall Profile: Option for inbound, outbound or both.

All,

The formats of my emails will be really ugly.  I will list my question(s) in the first line(s) and put all the background information at the end.  I do this because I assume you are too busy to read flowery prose.

QUESTION ONE: Are you OK with naming the option 'directionality'?
Please respond with a YES, NO (with alternate name) or NO PREFERENCE

QUESTION TWO:  Are you OK with this table entry?  If not please provide alternate text and/or reason.
Option: Directionality
Req/Opt:  Optional
Description/Effect:  "Possible settings are 'ingress', 'egress' or 'both'.  The default value is  both.  Ingress applies the allow to incoming traffic only.  Egress applies to outbound.  Entities that do not support directionality MUST return a 501 error code and MAY include 'Directionality not supported' in the error description."

BACKGROUND:
Recall from yesterday's teleconference, we seemed to have consensus that an option to specify that the deny (or allow) applies to the outbound, inbound or both traffic is needed.  It was acknowledged that for some cases (such as virtual firewalls in a cloud environment) that directionality does not really apply.    EVERYONE agreed that 'interface' was a bad name.

I pulled 'directionality' out of thin air and open to any suggestions.