openc2-actuator message

Subject: Re: [openc2-actuator] Specifiers for virtual actuators

At first look, the AWS example appears to be a sequence of identifiers of increasing specificity:

account / region / vpc / nacl

I'm assuming VPC = virtual private cloud, and that a given account could have more than one VPC in a particular region.

Can we define asset_id to have a form along those lines:  a delimiter-separate sequence of increasingly specific identifiers for the asset in question? Seems like that would be flexible enough to address most use cases and specific enough to achieve interoperability.

Dave

David P. Lemire
, CISSP
  OpenC2 Technical Committee Executive Secretary
  OpenC2 Implementation Considerations SC Co-chair
  Contractor support to NSA
Email: dave.lemire@g2-inc.com
Office: 301-575-5190 / Mobile: 240-938-9350