openc2-actuator message

Subject: Re: [openc2-actuator] Resolution of Yu comments to the stateless packet filter profile

Dave/Joe – For OASIS specifications typically I’ve seen MUST, SHALL, MAY, SHOULD ….etc used in normative clauses.

Maybe I missed something in the original question Joe posed but something Dave said that caught my eye.

optional features that MUST be implemented

Do you mean that the feature is optional in a base/language specification but an actuator profile makes it mandatory?

If yes, then we have addressed this similar scenario we have in STIXPreferred by stating that the certification test is a ‘mandatory’ to perform and verify.

When we state what is mandatory we also include what exactly is being looked for to prove that the feature is ‘implemented’ satisfactorily which typically goes beyond data but also includes behavior on the system when acting on the data/protocol.

Regards

Allan