openc2-imple message

Subject: Proposal for an open repository for "general info"

The Implementation Considerations Subcommittee has the open repo's within it's charter as well as under deliverables it has the statement "Other non-normative work products to increase adoption and improve the ease of use of the OpenC2 language". Based on comments made at the F2F I believe we are lacking in this area and would benefit from something like CTI's https://oasis-open.github.io/cti-documentation/. Note the webpages you render when you click on that link are in an OASIS open repo at https://github.com/oasis-open/cti-documentation. I recently noticed an error on that site and put in a change to fix it which reinforced by belief that github is the way to do this kind of thing. It also reminded me what a wonderful site CTI put together for those interested in STIX or TAXII. I think OpenC2 needs an equivalent site and I think it falls within the IC-SC charter. I would be willing to  lead an effort (and be the github maintainer) to do so under the IC-SC.

Since the IC-SC does not meet, I would propose to gain consensus via email to get it going and then use github itself (in combination with email to IC-SC) for reaching consensus on content. Since an open repo requires TC agreement, I intend to make a motion at the February meeting for the creation of an open repo https://github.com/oasis-open/openc2 to instantiate at https://oasis-open.github.io/openc2. I can discuss at next TC working meeting and send an email to TC prior to Feb meeting with the motion, but since it's within IC-SC charter, I thought I'd start the discussion here.

Thoughts (and help) welcomed.

Duncan Sparrell
sFractal Consulting LLC
iPhone, iTypo, iApologize