openc2-lang message

Subject: RE: [Non-DoD Source] [openc2-lang] 5/8 LSC Meeting Notes

The minutes include the following statement:

Wrt proposal to include all the Arguments in the Language Specification (as opposed to some in Language Specification and some in the Acutator Profiles), Joe Brule objected. Duncan and Joe spoke offline after the meeting and Joe agreed to withdraw his objection (ie agree to put in the Language Specification the arguments in the existing Actuator Profile). It was agreed this could be revisited later if the list became unwieldy or churn was too great.

This is accurate as stated but not complete.

The complete proposal is to:

1.       Include all Args created by all Profiles in the Language Specification *at the time the LS is published*.

2.       Include a statement in the LS to refer to a specific document for the latest list of Args created *after the LS is published*

Every time a new LS is published, the editors can choose at that time to incorporate all definitions from all profiles in the LS.  Or they could choose to not duplicate that content and refer readers to the source.

The L-SC then has the option to publish or not a new LS every time the AP-SC updates any profile.  If a new LS is not published, then the profile is still normative for content defined in the profile.    What we cannot allow is two normative documents that define conflicting information.

Dave