Subject: comment matrix format for upcoming public reviews?

TC Members, esp. work product editors:  we’re about to have a public review of the architecture spec, and potentially of one or more APs and an updated LS in the foreseeable future.  Recent public reviews (JADN, MQTT) have generated very minimal comments, but it seems reasonable we may see more feedback on the architecture.

The TC has a Google Sheet template for a comment resolution matrix, with instructions for its use in our Documentation Norms. The question on my mind is whether to use the Google Sheet or to create a markdown version of the matrix that can be stored in GitHub. The final product, once all comments are adjudicated, typically has been a PDF sent to the TC member and comment mail lists to document comment disposition, and such a PDF can be produced from either the Google Sheet or the Markdown (perhaps a bit more work for the latter). The Google Sheet is arguably a bit easier to edit. OTOH, we’ve become very GitHub focused and virtually abandoned any other routine use of the Google Drive.

Is there any particular sentiment for or against either solution, or suggestions for other approaches?  A template matrix in Markdown could be stored in the TC-OPS repo to be copied and used for individual work product public reviews.

Dave

David Lemire
IA Systems Engineer
Mission Technologies