Subject: Help requested on OpenC2 "questions" for Village

I would like some help with an OpenC2 “awareness & adoption” activity.

As part of the OCA CASP Cybersecurity Automation Village in a few months, I will be making a new version of QuadBlockQuiz (https://supplychainsandbox.org/quadblocks) for some contests we will be holding prior-to and during the Village.

There is a question/answer section to the game whose purpose is to educate people. Ie it’s for people who don’t know what OpenC2 is – not for we the experts. I would like to have 5 OpenC2 questions (along wit 5 IoB questions, 5 STIX questions, ….). I currently have one:

Suggestions on other questions welcome – either with pull requests or send me an email.

Playing the game will hopefully get people to read the “background” section eg

OpenC2

Automating the defense is a key to cybersecurity. Open Command & Control (OpenC2) is a standardized language for the command and control of technologies that provide or support cyber defenses. By providing a common language for machine-to-machine communication, OpenC2 is vendor and application agnostic, enabling interoperability across a range of cyber security tools and applications. The use of standardized interfaces and protocols enables interoperability of different tools, regardless of the vendor that developed them, the language they are written in or the function they are designed to fulfill.

OpenC2 is a specification by the OASIS OpenC2 Technical Committee.

For more information see https://openc2.org/

So they can answer the question correctly

Question:

What does C2 stand for in OpenC2?

Answers

·         Communications & Command